Jordan Brand 2010 Silver Anniversary Collection

Conrad.

FULL STORY HERE

some pics:

AJ2010-Silver-480x360.jpg

Jordan-Brand-Silver-Anniversary-3.jpg

Jordan-Brand-Silver-Anniversary.jpg

Jordan-Brand-Silver-Anniversary-5.jpg

Lil too much silver for my standards, but nice and unique nonetheless...maybe if they could have just had 'predominantly-silver' uniforms and still include some of the teams' colors, then maybe i'd be more happy with this. Sweet ass shoes tho, i'll give them that.

My problem with these is that this is now STRICTLY about branding. I'm no naive enough to suggest the many other NIKE special uniforms aren't serving as branding for them, but those also further the causes of team identity and player performance.

This change does little more than to bring awareness to the brand in spite of the team. That's not how it should be, especially in college sports.

...and Nike overall. Any particular reason they chose to use the same guy to model all these new silver sets?

Anyway, I somehow feel the need to post this:

Silver_Surfer__take_2_by_EspenG.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is just plain ridiculous. I might even understand if it were just Georgetown since silver is actually one of their colors, but shame on these schools for so shamelessly ho'ing their players out to the highest bidder (in this case, Jordan). At least they're gettin' some nice shoes out of the deal...

I really don't like the horizontal piping/seam across the lower third of the culottes/shorts in the Georgetown set. I don't like it in the traditional navy/grey unis, either. It throws off the lines of the shorts (you can see that the lower portion flows and wrinkles separately from the upper part of the shorts).

Another thing that's interesting: I had thought that this year's G'town's unis were another variation on the SOD silhouette. But it's clear from this photo that the G'town jersey is cut baggier and with larger armholes than the UNC and Cal jerseys. I haven't seen any other Nike teams with this template (notable for the aforementioned random seams in the shorts, and a similar horizontal seem across the back of the jersey, up near the shoulder blades). Has anyone confirmed that this is indeed a new template for Nike?

And by the way: why wouldn't they have the guy tuck in the jersey and look like he's actually ready to enter the game? It'd be nice to be able to see the waistband of the shorts.

This has gone too far. What does Jordan even have to do woth Georgetown or Cal?

Almost surprisingly, Nike didn't grayscale the G'Town's American flag.

Jordan brand has a few college teams in addition to UNC. St. Johns is Jordan Brand, too.

I'm not sure how Nike goes about deciding who gets Jordan and who gets Nike (and who gets Converse, for that matter), but they've definitely carved out a subset of teams to wear Jordan gear.

Archived