May I Propose a Challenge?

ColeJ

i was talking to a friend of mine today about the Stars third jerseys... after talking about how terrible they were, and talking about the section on my site that's against them, we came to a realization...

there really isn't much you can DO with a team name Dallas Stars that hasn't already been done with the primary logo and the secondary "texas" logo. it's a decent enough name.. i've heard better... but it's really impossible to come up with a decent logo for a team with such a plain and to-the-point name.

my contest would be "come up with an original dallas stars logo" that doesn't bite on any of the other stars logos... no modified mooterus logos, no blue and red recolored primary logos.

come up with a logo for the Dallas Stars of the NHL that is unique and usable.

you can use any colors, although green and gold are preferred, while red and green together is discouraged.

-edit-

just to reitterate, this isn't for my website's section or anything... i don't even want full uniform sets. i just want to see what kinds of actual primary logos could be made for this team... because i can't think of many different ways to go.

I don't think this would be a good time with the Logolympiad stuff and the paynomind incident.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I don't think this would be a good time with the Logolympiad stuff and the paynomind incident.

We should get over this whole paymonoid thing, and to keep bringing it up.....

If its not gonna be one of those 4 or 5 round ones, then yea, I guess its a fine time to have one, but if its gonna be more than one round, then I'd wait a little while.

Here's my entry into the mix.I usually dont do logos just uni's,mainly cuz I think I'm much better at full uniforms but the Stars are my team(damn Avalanche!!)

so I decided to give it a go.I have 2 entries that are almost the same but I didnt know which was better.Enjoy!

Stars_Concept_1.gif

stars_Concept_2.gif

98Falcons.png

Funny timing, because I was already working on creating a logo for the Dallas Stars when this contest came up, so this wasn't really for the contest but why the hell not, eh? This is maybe the third logo I've ever created on the computer, but by far the best I've ever done. Feedback? Please?

starslogo.gif

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i'll start voting on the 25th...

so if you guys want to put up any concept logos, you've got 5 days to finish them up.

i really like the D logos, so far... i'm suprised the stars went with a freaking bull for DALLAS before a BIG D....

Archived