NCAAF Domination Series by JCR - finished looking for c/c

JCRGraphix

I decided to do something similar to the Nike Pro Combat series using my own brand and template. This is the Domination Series by JCR...

These uniforms would not be a permanent thing, just a special thing for rivalry games...

Up first we have Bama vs. LSU. For Alabama, I wanted to try something completely different. I gave them gray uniforms, and used one of the university's underused logos on the helmet and undershirt. I also added a shiny houndstooth effect to the numbers.

alabama1.pngalabama2.png

For LSU, I took a more traditional approach, using their fairly standard uniforms with some slight changes. Instead of the yellowish gold LSU uses, I decided to use metallic gold. On the helmet, there are hydrochrome tiger stripes similar to what Oregon does with their wings.

lsu1.pnglsu2.png

Thanks for the quick feedback. I didn't want to go too over the top with these, but rather to come up with something that would look good on the field and something they would actually use.

Up next is Michigan vs. Michigan State...

For Michigan, I wanted to stay simple like Michigan does, but do something totally different, so maize it is!

michigan1.pngmichigan2.png

For Michigan State, I looked at their Nike Pro Combat uniforms. There were a lot of things I liked about them, but I felt that the balance of color was off. I also used their historic winged helmets that they actually used before Michigan did...

michiganstate1.pngmichiganstate2.png

Why is everyone complaining about the undershirts? Have you not seen a single one-off CFB uniform unveiling over the last 3 years? They all show off undershirt designs. I think it's a cool touch -- not many people include them in their concepts.

As for the designs, I like them for the most part. Different and modern, but not over the top. I'd say my favorites are Clemson and South Carolina. The fauxback looks are really sharp. My least favorite is MSU. The whole look just doesn't really work for me, especially the outdated wordmark and Michigan-esque helmet. Even if MSU had it first, Michigan made it famous.

One suggestion I have for the template, which is nice, is to tone down the shadows. They're a little distracting on the lighter colored elements.

Why is everyone complaining about the undershirts? Have you not seen a single one-off CFB uniform unveiling over the last 3 years? They all show off undershirt designs. I think it's a cool touch -- not many people include them in their concepts.

my only complaint with the undershirt is the fact that the logos/lettering/stripes on them don't stand out on some of them.

The base layers are...a cool

Idea and all...but most players don't wear sleeves. Running backs and receivers, guys who handle the ball, most don't like to wear sleeves. So incorporating a full sleeve design, especially as a semi important uniform element in your designs, just doesn't look or feel right. Overall, the designs are very plain and I think the uniqnuess needs to come from something other than sublimation. Michigan, Bama, and LSU are very plain overall, and then after that you just seemed to go overboard with colors and stripes. It's important to incorporate history and tradition....but it's gotta be more than sublimation. Still a very good job, just my opinions of course.

I think my overall message is stripes belong on jerseys not on base layers.

I'd like to thank everybody for all of the great feedback! I love this community. You can really tune your skills here. I'll address each bit as we go...

As for the designs, I like them for the most part. Different and modern, but not over the top. I'd say my favorites are Clemson and South Carolina. The fauxback looks are really sharp. My least favorite is MSU. The whole look just doesn't really work for me, especially the outdated wordmark and Michigan-esque helmet. Even if MSU had it first, Michigan made it famous.

One suggestion I have for the template, which is nice, is to tone down the shadows. They're a little distracting on the lighter colored elements.

Regarding the shadows, I think I might be having an issue with my monitor that makes them not look quite as dark. I'll tweak it a little bit and see what I can come up with.

my only complaint with the undershirt is the fact that the logos/lettering/stripes on them don't stand out on some of them.

So for the undershirts, the will have slightly different fabric, especially on the shiny bits, kind of like Nike did on their Olympic hockey jerseys. That would help them stand out, but is kind of difficult to show on a mostly 2D model.

The base layers are...a cool
Idea and all...but most players don't wear sleeves. Running backs and receivers, guys who handle the ball, most don't like to wear sleeves. So incorporating a full sleeve design, especially as a semi important uniform element in your designs, just doesn't look or feel right. Overall, the designs are very plain and I think the uniqnuess needs to come from something other than sublimation. Michigan, Bama, and LSU are very plain overall, and then after that you just seemed to go overboard with colors and stripes. It's important to incorporate history and tradition....but it's gotta be more than sublimation. Still a very good job, just my opinions of course.
I think my overall message is stripes belong on jerseys not on base layers.

As far as the sleeves go, I had two options in mind. Either the players could have a half sleeve option ending above the elbow (but still containing the design elements), or the sleeve itself could have some sort of better contacting material similar to what is allowed on gloves.

The main thiing I see on the Alabama/LSU concept is that LSU will never wear Purple in an SEC game unless they are made too by the home team. Bama is never wearing any other color than Crimson at home. They might change the jersey slightly but not the color.

Making it a better gripping fabric, I think, would give that team a disadvantage because the opposing team would be able to grip the arms very easily. It would most likely restrict flexibility as well. The palms of those gloves can pretty much rip a helmet off by just getting a palm on the helmet. I just think, especially with most of these schools being in the south....the sleeves are even more unnecessary because of the heat. When you see sleeves outside of cold temperatures, they very rarely make it anywhere near the elbow. Arm sleeves are decently popular. Maybe incorporate those as more of a custom addition and less emphasis on the base layer. I think the socks need to reflect something on the jersey, not the base layer. Such as the Michigan uniform, the stripes on the socks make no sense without the base layer.

As always, I appreciate all the great feedback. Keep it coming!

Up next we have Baylor vs. Texas. I've taken some of the previous feedback and came up with these unis. For Baylor, I wanted to try something I haven't really seen before, pinstripes...

baylor1.pngbaylor2.png

For Texas, I went with something a little different. I replaced all the white with chrome and came up with a cool helmet design with the horns...

texas1.pngtexas2.png

Up next we have UCLA vs. USC. I wanted to go really modern with these ones.

For UCLA, I went with a non-traditional asymmetrical design, and added a logo on the shoulder like the ones in the Nike Olympic hockey uniforms. I also went with a one-side oversized logo for the gold hydrochrome helmet...

ucla1.pngucla2.png

For USC, I decided to go all black with a cool Trojan-inspired pattern sublimated...

usc1.pngusc2.png

Up next is one of the oldest rivalries, and one close to my heart as I'm currently serving in the Army in Korea, and I like to talk smack to my Navy friends...

The Army's uniforms feature the new camo troops are using while deployed. It is infinitely better as camo than the current crap we're wearing on our ACUs...

army1.pngarmy2.png

navy1.pngnavy2.png

Well, I guess I'll keep on rolling. Up next we have Auburn vs. Georgia. I got some good feedback here and elsewhere about the S Carolina vs. Clemson fauxbacks, so I decided to do something similar for Auburn and Georgia, this time with fauxbacks to the 1940s...

georgia1.pnggeorgia2.pngauburn1.pngauburn2.png

Archived