School Logo: Finalized(?), Logo Progression, August 25

davidmiller5

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll plan on using the third option unless the school really disagrees.

Definitely the 3rd one. Only thing I see when it's in that position is that it makes me want to see the horn a bit larger & with more of a curled tip.

I'll try to work on the horn.

Definitely the 3rd one. Only thing I see when it's in that position is that it makes me want to see the horn a bit larger & with more of a curled tip.

I agree. Third one looks great.

To add on to what ren said, take a look at this ram on the left (similar head positioning), the horns are larger in relation to the head, and the horn has a "wider" curve, that way the odd "blank space" between the head and the horn could look a bit more natural (in your logo).
Either way, it looks good.

Edit: It might be helpful to look at where the horn curves in relation to the shoulder/neck.

1502191535021ram_fight_4.jpg

Edit 2: The front facing ram is almost there, but could use some work. The white running up the face looks odd, and the base of the horns could be moved up further so that they're atop the head (i will say that the curvature and perspective of the horns is perfect though). Here's a pic: https://chrismartinphotography.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/jasper-ram-c2a9-christopher-martin-5702.jpg

Thanks for the detailed feedback. In my experimentation with the logo, the wider curve looks odd on a logo. I'll experiment some more, though.

Thanks for the feedback on the front-facing ram. The picture you linked to was actually one of my main reference pictures--especially for the horns. In looking at ram logos, the ones with the horns coming out of the top of the head look odd to me. That's why I moved the horns down. Also, real rams' brows are higher in the middle, but on a logo that makes him look like a surprised ram instead of a menacing ram, so I made them angle down which increases the amount they come down on the forehead.

award%20sig.png

I took Ren's advice and thickened up the horn and tried to curl the horn's tip a bit. I think the thickened horn is a definite upgrade. Thanks for suggesting it, Ren. What do you all think?

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-23%20at%2010.31.

EDIT: Then I played around with curving the horn tip. What do you think?

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-23%20at%2010.49.

Larger Versions of the new logos:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-23%20at%2010.50.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-23%20at%2010.53.

(If I do use the bottom logo I will adjust the last horn cut out/detail so that it doesn't cut through so much of the horn.)

award%20sig.png

I reworked the horn a bit by shaving the bulge off of the lower portion where it comes over the neck line and made the tip curve a bit better. I think I might be finished with it. My only question is whether the ear should be shrunken down a bit now that the horn has more girth.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%205.30.3

I also put together a progression of this logo. This makes it very apparent that these boards (and others who helped) really helped me out. Thank you, so very much, for all of your feedback and comments. It has been a very long process, and those first versions were incredibly rough. This is the first logo that I have made from scratch, and you can clearly see the progression as you have helped me out. Special thanks to Ren who really helped me out--you can see right where he jumped in (at the beginning of the third line).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-25%20at%208.05.3

award%20sig.png

Archived