Quick Explanation please...

smzimbabwe

Just saw this while browsing tonight, couldn't find any thread about it here, so just wondering - what's up with this?

salomakivaaka030115HH_503_nh.jpg

When I went to their site, there seemed to be a lot of photos home and road of players wearing this. Sorry if this has been addressed already and I was too stupid to find it...

Just saw this while browsing tonight, couldn't find any thread about it here, so just wondering - what's up with this?

salomakivaaka030115HH_503_nh.jpg

When I went to their site, there seemed to be a lot of photos home and road of players wearing this. Sorry if this has been addressed already and I was too stupid to find it...

What team is that?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I found it:

The brewers are the uniform sponsors (I don't understand that either) of the Admirals, so the Admirals have that patch like the NFL has the Nike logo or MLB has the Majestic logo.

(I found it by typing in "Milwaukee Admirals Brewers patch" into google ;) )

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I found it:

The brewers are the uniform sponsors (I don't understand that either) of the Admirals, so the Admirals put that patch on their unis as sort of a "thank you" to the brewers

Thanks. It was from an article about Mikka Salomaki being called up from Milwaukee, and the patch struck me as weird. I though maybe it was for a special night, but then noticed it everywhere on the pics...

A lot of minor league hockey teams have sponsor patches on their uniforms. This one just looks different because it's the logo of another sports team.

The Brewers and Admirals have a multi-level sponsorship agreement (caused, as noted above, by shared ownership). What's especially interesting is that since 2006, all of their shared advertising, including the uniform sponsor patch, involves the Brewers' throwback logo.

admirals341.jpg

I found it:

The brewers are the uniform sponsors (I don't understand that either) of the Admirals, so the Admirals have that patch like the NFL has the Nike logo or MLB has the Majestic logo.

(I found it by typing in "Milwaukee Admirals Brewers patch" into google ;) )

That's not quite true. Reebok is the uniform manufacturer, so all AHL teams (Milwaukee included) have the Reebok logo on their jerseys. However, all teams wear sponsorship ads on their jerseys, so this would be the equivalent of a Pepsi or Rona patch.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A lot of minor league hockey teams have sponsor patches on their uniforms. This one just looks different because it's the logo of another sports team.

The Brewers and Admirals have a multi-level sponsorship agreement (caused, as noted above, by shared ownership). What's especially interesting is that since 2006, all of their shared advertising, including the uniform sponsor patch, involves the Brewers' throwback logo.

admirals341.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought twice if it was "Bob's Towing", but being a logo of another sports team is what threw me off.

Interesting that the Brewers would ne showcasing a throwback logo and not their official logo.

I tend to believe that it's because the throwback is so much more popular in Milwaukee.
Even though we're told it's not...

Who tells you it's not? I'm not aware that the team has actually come out and said that.

Archived