Rozelle Bowl I Concept

shiznit1083

Dump the roman numeral. A roman numeral is never used for the first edition of anything.

Ever see "Rocky I," "Star Trek I," or "Matrix I" in their actual titles? Sure they've been informally referenced as such, but you'd never see it in the actual title. Why? Because it was never assumed from the beginning that there'd be a second. That should be the case here as well.

The only noteworthy exception: "History of the World, Part I." Why? Because there was never a sequel made, and to this day movie fans wonder "WTF?"

Just my 2c.

nav-logo.png

Movies are bad examples for what your saying. Because it's notsafe to assume a movie is going to generate the kind of reaction as to where it'd be appropriate to plan for a second before the release of the first one.

There's no harm in adding the roman numeral, as not doing so shows a lack of confidence in a leagues ability to be successful enough to have another.

Also, Super Bowl I's logo, I believe, refers to it as "The First Super Bowl" -- and that's no different than adding a roman numeral.

Now -- onto the logo.

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I think it should have a stronger tie in with the Boston area. However, that's just in comparison to how you can tell where the recent Super Bowls were by just seeing the logo, whether or not it said the location of the game or not (Definetely doesn't need to be as obvious as my Rozelle Bowl concept's tie in with Vegas, as I was just trying to give the logo a feel that Vegas would provide -- tackiness and uniqueness, for lack of better terms). However, I do like that logo. Keep the Roman numeral or else there's not much to go on.

However, merely my suggestions -- take them for what they're worth.\

Oh, and color option 1.

IUe6Hvh.png

my thoughts on colour option 1 is that there is the lone bar of silver... there either need to be more in the design or scrapped all together... maybe include silver in the I or try doing the bars as navy-white-navy...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Also, Super Bowl I's logo, I believe, refers to it as "The First Super Bowl" -- and that's no different than adding a roman numeral.

Actually, the first Super Bowl wasn't even the Super Bowl. It was the "1967 NFL-AFL World Championship Game." Even they didn't start using roman numerals until the fourth edition.

nav-logo.png

The 'First Super Bowl' as we now generically call it was originally known as the 'First World Championship Game'

1.gif

So actually both of you were right. It was known as a 'First' but was also not known as the 'Super Bowl'.

As for the Rozelle Bowl Concept:

I prefer the first color concept, the second one just seems to plain in my opinion with only white. :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Color option one is kick butt.

GMac, did you miss the silver outline to the whole thing? I think the bar of silver looks sweet, it should stay.

I will, however agree that while this logo is exceptionally well done, and very pleasing to my eye, and would be awesome to rock exactly liek it is..... it could have some more tie in with the city, if you wanted. Maybe throw the skyline of boston across the top, in navy?

Oh, and my opinion is that we WILL be having more of these, so we NEED to have the I in there!! Ha!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Color option one is kick butt.

GMac, did you miss the silver outline to the whole thing? I think the bar of silver looks sweet, it should stay.

I will, however agree that while this logo is exceptionally well done, and very pleasing to my eye, and would be awesome to rock exactly liek it is..... it could have some more tie in with the city, if you wanted. Maybe throw the skyline of boston across the top, in navy?

Oh, and my opinion is that we WILL be having more of these, so we NEED to have the I in there!! Ha!

it appears that i did... these work monitors need to be reset me thinks...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The 'First Super Bowl' as we now generically call it was originally known as the 'First World Championship Game'

1.gif

So actually both of you were right. It was known as a 'First' but was also not known as the 'Super Bowl'.

As for the Rozelle Bowl Concept:

I prefer the first color concept, the second one just seems to plain in my opinion with only white. :D

Ahhh yes... that is what I meant to say as I was looking at the logo right before my post to make sure they used the term "First" in it at some point.

IUe6Hvh.png

I like this concept. You have an nice patriotic theme going which is a nod towards Boston. You almost have the Pat's logo shape going on as well. Maybe push it towards the 3 point hat shape? that could be your Bean Town tie in? My only major nit is the circular type around the mark. It creates a lot of dead space IMO. Great start, Shiz.

Archived