Dallas WHA Team to be called the "Americans"

txhockeyfan

Because I am a bit unsure, exactly what is the point of the WHA? Is it just a pick up league to keep the NHL players busy during the lock out? (If that comes to pass!)Because it sure as hell isn't acting as anything anyone should be taking seriously!

good question. i've wondered teh same thing about the current ABA, as have many others. i hear they're making attempts to be taken seriously, key word being ATTEMPTS. somebody wake me when the USFL attempts a comeback.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

first LBJ, then no goal, then Bush, now the Dallas Americans. not looking to good.

well the texans they did right. ^_^

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Dallas Americans? For a state that takes so much pride (almost to the point of arrogance) on being the "Lone Star" it seems funny to take on a name that represents the entire nation.

That was my first thought as well. The part of Texas I frequent flies more Texas state flags than the US flag. Bad name, probably going to be a worse uniform.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Dallas Americans? For a state that takes so much pride (almost to the point of arrogance) on being the "Lone Star" it seems funny to take on a name that represents the entire nation.

That was my first thought as well. The part of Texas I frequent flies more Texas state flags than the US flag. Bad name, probably going to be a worse uniform.

snivelling assistant- saintsfan has left me to comment on this name- and well frankly it just seems like the usual texas arrogance that the only ttruly American place is Texas. Hey Saintsfan, there aren't any Texans on the board are there?

Saintsfan- Oh I wouldn't have thought so really!! I am sure they won't be offended! Mind you if they were, they mioght get there friend President Bush onto you!

Snivelling- erm saintsdfan, you know how hard I work? Is there any chance I can have a holiday anytime soon?!?

Saintsfan- Ah heck why not! Just make sure you phone the temping agency and find a replacement!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived