My take on International Soccer (Norway posted 7/4)

upperV03

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Thanks raysox, that truly means a lot to me for someone as talented as you to say something like that. And once again, thank you for your incredible template, it is very user-friendly.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

After finishing England, I decided to tackle Norway since they recently signed with Nike and were given teamwear for their first Nike kits. The home kit is very similar to the last Umbro home kit, as the red shirt features a navy blue vertical sash on the left side, bordered by thin white lines, mimicking the flag of Norway. The collar and sleeve cuffs are red with thin white piping. The shorts are white, and the side panels are blue with thin white and red lines on the outside, making for a consistent striping pattern with the vertical sash. The socks are red with a blue and white hoop. The away shirt features a thin collar, which is solid red while the rest of the shirt is white. Across the upper chest, there is a thick navy blue stripe bordered by thin white and red stripes, once again mimicking the flag, as well as making the striping pattern consistent between the two kits. The away shirt is paired with blue shorts, which features red sine panels with thin white on the outside. The socks are white with the same stripe that is on the upper chest of the shirt. The home kit can also be paired with blue shorts and socks, while the away kit can be paired with white shorts. C&C would be appreciated.

3l2jw1x.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

For Norway, I'd use the cross on both instead of breaking it up on both kits. England's kits are good. For away option 2 I'd use blue shorts, I don't like the all red look for them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

^ I used all red for England because that is what they have used in the past to avoid clashes, and I think the red with blue shorts looks too similar to say Chile or Costa Rica or other countries with that kit combination. And I originally did use the cross on the Norway home kit, but IMO it didn't look too good and really muddled up the kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ Just basing it off of the current Nike teamwear kits and the last Umbro kits, and it was a way for me to show that blue socks would be an option, in addition to the red and white socks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Some opinions.

USA: I'm not hard into USMNT/USWNT, but I personally prefer USA team with a darker shade of blue.

Brazil: Talking as Brazilian, this is too strange. The home remind clearly the hated 2011 Copa America Jersey, even if the shorts are great. The Away is nice, creative, but with blue shorts it won`t work. The challenge on it is make it interchangeable.

France: Improved 200% with the Rooster instead of FFF logo.

England: Very good. I personally prefer all white in home and red/blue/red in away, as first combination.

Norway: The first one is good, but I don`t like the away. The space between collar and stripe is too little to me. Have you tried it on vertical center of jersey, or at least below the logos?

Archived