Houston Astros Concept

WavePunter

I had an idea for a way to blend some eras and hopefully salvage the "pros" from each, while trying to eliminate or at least minimalize the "cons". I also have some ideas for the uniforms, but I wanted to get some feedback on the logo first. I used the current as my starting point and made some adjustments with inspiration from previous sets. C&C appreciated!yHxIllG.png

This is pretty cool! For the middle stripe, I would look at potentially reversing the order of the colors so that it goes R-O-Y-O-R. That's how it was in the 80's, although I see why you did it that way because the yellow outlines provide more contrast against the navy background. Overall good start, but it does seem a bit jumbled together still at this point. Maybe take the current logo the Astros are using right now and recolor the orange background star with this 'sunrise' pattern to give if a throwback feel. That way it looks more like an H an less like 2 I's, if that makes sense. Hope this helped man.

Solid design. I would like to see this in a roundel maybe, and I also would want a complete set.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

put it in roundel form.. not sure if this works, but i thought it would be worth a shot.. i realize the text isn't perfectly aligned, but it's the best i can do with my software at the moment.. thoughts? once i finalize the logos, i'll put some uniforms together

4J2Rjcm.png

I really like this concept. It's simple, and I love how it combines the old and new of the Astros. For what software your working with, it seems like this is very well done. I would be interested to see a different font on the roundel logo, but still a great job.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

not sure if this works,

Sorry, but it doesn't.

None of these do - there's a disconnect between the various elements, as if you were doing something silly like copying various elements from different eras and pretending they could do anything but clash. :P

Lol.. What would give you that idea? ;)

It's an idea that needs a lot of work. The star especially...there doesn't seem to be any specific reason for the alignment you have. Why not have the top rainbow stripe be an extension of the horizontal bar of the star? Right now, it doesn't line up with the rainbow stripes, and looks especially out of place with the white outline around it.

You are also using part of the current Astros font, with the H itself, but then use Arial in the roundel. Because the roundel is not very thick, and you fit the letters to it, they seem small.

The offset rainbow stripes make it look pixelated, like a graphic from a Nintendo video game.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's an idea that needs a lot of work. The star especially...there doesn't seem to be any specific reason for the alignment you have. Why not have the top rainbow stripe be an extension of the horizontal bar of the star? Right now, it doesn't line up with the rainbow stripes, and looks especially out of place with the white outline around it.

You are also using part of the current Astros font, with the H itself, but then use Arial in the roundel. Because the roundel is not very thick, and you fit the letters to it, they seem small.

The offset rainbow stripes make it look pixelated, like a graphic from a Nintendo video game.

Thanks for the feedback, but in regards to the alignment of the star itself, I think it's pretty clear why I have it aligned the way I do.. The horizontal bar is even with the top of the top stripe and the bottom of the "opening" is even with the bottom of the bottom stripe.. Is this the best option? Perhaps not.. Is it obvious why it's aligned that way? I think so.. So, I'm sure there are ways to improve it, but to say there's no reason for that alignment is silly.. It's a star logo that's left open on one side, and I used that opening as the point to connect the stripes to suggest "shooting star" motion.. That's a reason.

With the Arial font in the roundel, It was more of a placeholder since someone else suggested the roundel. If I get positive feedback and I decide the roundel is here to stay, then it'll get cleaned up appropriately with matching fonts.

On the pixelated look at the end of the stripe, should I angle the entire thing, or have varying lengths of motion stripes (similar to Lakers motion stripes)? I had a few ideas while making it, but couldn't decide what was best, and for an initial concept, I thought this conveyed the idea best, even if it's not the best overall option..

Also thought about adding white to the outside of the roundel (and maybe to the outside of all yellow stripes in the rainbow stripes)

Also, should I retain the beveling of the current H, or go solid white?

Archived