AZ Cards concept logo set

Discrim

cardslogos.gif

got a few tweaks, the main logo is unchanged aside from outline. secondaries are a tweaked AZ flag with the Card in lieu of a star, and the other one is my modernization of the "Running Cardinal" that was used in the last few seasons in Chicago and the 60s and 70s. needs a little work but not that much. the 98, btw, is for 1898, the year the team was founded.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Very nice work!

I'd make two MINOR modifications to the running cardinal:

Raise the arm w/o the ball into the classic "stiff-arm" pose

And color the football.

I especially like the sunburst logo.

:notworthy:

:shocked: I love the Sunburst logo and I have one question: Why 98 on the cardinal? Maybe go with a more staandard mascot number like 1 or the double naut.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

:shocked: I love the Sunburst logo and I have one question: Why 98 on the cardinal? Maybe go with a more staandard mascot number like 1 or the double naut.

to answer that...

the 98, btw, is for 1898, the year the team was founded.

and to answer this...

very nice sets, i like your utilization of yellow. However, whats the outline on the sunburst logo supposed to be? Looks sorta like a retarded maple leaf to me
basically it's the AZ flag modified somewhat.

2016cubscreamsig.png

to answer that...

the 98, btw, is for 1898, the year the team was founded.

and to answer this...

very nice sets, i like your utilization of yellow. However, whats the outline on the sunburst logo supposed to be? Looks sorta like a retarded maple leaf to me
basically it's the AZ flag modified somewhat.

I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive the Cards were founded in 1899.

Great job on the logo though. The Cardinal running through the arch is one of my favorite classic NFL logos... right behind the running Packer and the Giant QB in the Polo Grounds. Besides, the latter updated their classic logo, so why couldn't the Cards have their bird running across the grand canyon?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

could be, i get it mixed up every now and then but i usually go with '98. nfl.com says 1899, the HOF site says 1898 and this one book i have says 1898. anyways thanks everybody, i'm planning on a uniform to go with the logos, although i'm contemplating a black alt, a gold alt or no alt at all (leaning towards the latter)

heck, i might make a logo for the new stadium since we're not gonna see any changes from the Desert Birds til then.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Here's the logo the newly-renamed Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority (AZSTA) uses:

gracias senor pantone...i have an idea of a direction i wanna go in and this helps a lot.

2016cubscreamsig.png

thanks chapi...before i forget, the striping was inspired by the whites used by the Cards from teh late 70s to around 97 or 98.

2016cubscreamsig.png

muchos bueno senor Discrim...those sets are nice. They're classy but in a modern sense...it's definitely a new look i like! I prefer the black alt cuz i think the yellow look just doesnt fit...only the Packers can pull that off IMO. But those sets are really awesome all the same, good stuff!

Keep churnin' em out :D

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

I prefer the black alt cuz i think the yellow look just doesnt fit...only the Packers can pull that off IMO.

well, although i think a few other teams could pull off a yellow-gold jersey, that's what i've been trying to tell folks-the Packers could rock gold. they'd have to get white pants, but it can be done (with the gold pants, you don't wanna know. and getting green pants would be a disaster.) and if not for the fact that the NFL doesn't allow alternate helmets i'd make a case for a white helmet to go with :hockeysmiley:

i actually had it a while back, and plan on redoing it as it seems i erased it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived