The Charlotte/OKC/New Orleans Hornets mess

kw11333

Cross-posting from Unpopular Opinions, I would have liked to see the Hornets stay in Oklahoma City and debut some variation on the new logo package, while the Bobcats name stays in Charlotte but returns to the original Charlotte colors:

dFB1mn0.jpg

Seattle would have stayed put through all of this, obviously.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Cross-posting from Unpopular Opinions, I would have liked to see the Hornets stay in Oklahoma City and debut some variation on the new logo package, while the Bobcats name stays in Charlotte but returns to the original Charlotte colors:

dFB1mn0.jpg

Not completely sold on the Bobcats in teal, but I absolutely love the Hornets recolor. I'd probably lighten the brick/maroon a tad though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

In the span of 10 years both Charlotte, OKC and New Orleans played against the Hornets

The Hornets have represented 3 cities in one decade

p7hp7ck.jpg

I never realized that after Katrina hit New Orleans forcing the Hornets to play their home games in Oklahoma City on a temporary basis that they changed the uniform jersey to say 'OKLAHOMA CITY' and put a small 'NOLA' patch on there. I find that rather odd.

The home uniforms actually just said "Hornets" those two years. That was a special uniform for their last game in Oklahoma City.

You're right. They also wore these for Valentine's Day. It is the only other instance I can think of where they had Oklahoma City across the front.

250_paul_2mar2007.jpg

Usually they had the "OKC" patch.

061206-LakersHornets-009.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

dFB1mn0.jpg

That Hornets logo is badass. Also sounds a lot better than Oklahoma City Thunder.

sig.png

The home uniforms actually just said "Hornets" those two years. That was a special uniform for their last game in Oklahoma City.

You're right. They also wore these for Valentine's Day. It is the only other instance I can think of where they had Oklahoma City across the front.

250_paul_2mar2007.jpg

And, this is pretty much ground zero to all those AWFUL specialty jerseys that have plagued the NBA the past decade.

Archived