My attempt at oilers rebrand

wquarton

Thanks for those who offered design critique, one question/inquiry for you guys. If I am trying to subtly try to use the outlines look like native american art, how would you guys think I might go about doing this. Not sure if I'll end up going with that but I wanted to see if it was possible. Cheers :)

I guess I don't really associate outlines with First Nations art. Do you have an example you can show of what you're going for?

wpID463imgID410.jpg

Thanks for those who offered design critique, one question/inquiry for you guys. If I am trying to subtly try to use the outlines look like native american art, how would you guys think I might go about doing this. Not sure if I'll end up going with that but I wanted to see if it was possible. Cheers :)

I guess I don't really associate outlines with First Nations art. Do you have an example you can show of what you're going for?

Just was thinking of doing the axe and wrench in this style but not sure how to go about it, I think the outline will read in this way once there is another part of it done this way, but it probably won't work I think. Too much small detail.

I don't think it's a matter of using outlines, then, to evoke the First Nations feel; it's a matter of using blocks of colour and streaks of white in similar shapes to the art you've posted. You could do the handle of the axe in one colour and the blade in another, or divide up the wrench into the main shaft and the parts on the ends.

Sorry, this is hard to describe in words. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Think it's getting closer. I'm thinking I gotta bring back the tall letters to really get what I'm trying across. Thoughts glen?

QwamfF1.png

Seems like there's too much white, but I don't really wanna shrink the hatchet wrench too much because I'm worried I'll lose detail on the FN style.

Sorry, just noticed this as well, I think the spacing on the lettering is off. I'll fix that for the update. Thanks again everyone who's been fair.

Archived