A H L Norfolk Admirals unveil new logo...

Brian in Boston

The NAdmirals logo would be ok, just take those pucks away. I am glad to see the ship in the logo, since Norfolk is a big Navy place.

The current MAdmirals logo is ok, not the best but Im up for a change in theirs as well.

Signature intentionally left blank

[Creeps out from under covers, embarrassed to say anything, as if naked in public like in some nightmare]

I kinda like the pucks from the 10" guns. But, in my defense, they looked cooler BEFORE I saw the higher res image. They aren't done well. The angle is strange, they ARE rendered pissy like BnB said. Darnit.

Otherwise.......I mean, I dont think it really says Admirals to use a battleship or whatever. Maybe it does.......with the stars and all. I see all the flaws you guys are mentioning about color and execution and fonts.......but part of my brain wants to like it. Whats wrong with me???

Biggest issue for me...if you're rebranding......ditch the name altogether. Two Ads in the same league ain't helping anybody.

[/Creeps back under covers.....minority opinion rendered]

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Two Ads in the same league ain't helping anybody.

Darn right. Come on, Milwaukee, change your name already! :P

Sorry pittunited! if of any admirals that should change name it should be Norfolk. Milwaukee is too historical. They have been here since 1977. Norfolk has only been here since 1989. They are both historical teams, but Milwaukee has more history than Norfolk.

Signature intentionally left blank

Two Ads in the same league ain't helping anybody.

Darn right. Come on, Milwaukee, change your name already! :P

Sorry pittunited! if of any admirals that should change name it should be Norfolk. Milwaukee is too historical. They have been here since 1977. Norfolk has only been here since 1989. They are both historical teams, but Milwaukee has more history than Norfolk.

It was a joke, dude.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Okay, based on the Virginian-Pilot story, here's a mockup of the new Admirals unis (assuming they do an alternate, and assuming that alternate falls in like with Blackhawks standards rather than doing the Rangers-style script across the chest, as they have done):

nads_mockup.gif

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

:lol: Hey Winters in Buffalo, maybe we should have an event for the new Admirals logo in the next Logolympiad.

There was an AHL event in the last one. Can't remember if anyone revamped the Ads.

Oh! I remember doing a Norfolk design. But I forgot exactly what the event was.

I saw, I came, I left.

You know what? Why don't you put up or shut up. If you can make a better, good quality logo and for the team then do it; if not, shut up.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

If I was ever under the delusion that I missed JamesCraven's commentary, I can thank him for eliminating it.

I have searched and searched for the Canton Ice Patrol logo, but I can't find it anywhere. It's sooo bad, and yet I want to find it. Just so that the generations will be able to see what a true logo abomination looks like. Makes an ABA logo look like a Joe Bosack production.

In other news, here's a graphic design/web development company that actually admits being connected to the Canton Ice Patrol. That's the graphic design equivalent of having been behind the puff of smoke on the grassy knoll.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived