NHL Redesign - No More White! **Leafs, Canucks, Capitals & Jets Added** (30/30

CanucksBrad

Hello,

It is time for my 2nd Annual Concept series. My first attempt, doing each CFL team as hockey jerseys, went quite well, so I am back. This time I am the Commissioner of the NHL (move over, Buttman) and in an attempt to boost excitement around the league, I have banned white away jerseys. All 30 NHL teams will be forced to redesign their jersey sets in order to comply, and have 2 different coloured jersey as their home and away. Alternates may be the same colour as the regular home or away, or a completely different colour all together. Several teams have taken this opportunity to improve on their current designs.

This is not an "NHL Color Rush" Concept. This is an idea I've had for many years, and in fact was my inspiration to finally learn how to do these jersey concepts for myself.

The first concept will be posted shortly.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2/30

C0thJTD.png

I adjusted the colours of the logo slightly. I darkened the red to more of a brown to create a "Clay and Sand" theme commonly found in the deserts of Arizona. For the alternate I took the paw from their current alternate logo on put it on the backdrop of an eclipsing moon, that can also seen as a 3D puck (originally unintentional, I swear).

I'm just gonna get this out there. I don't watch hockey or care, but I LOVE the jersey concepts. I like the Anaheim home and alternate. I'm not liking the orange on the away, maybe you can try that sandy color? Also like the color scheme you have for Arizona. Good pattern.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

I'm just gonna get this out there. I don't watch hockey or care, but I LOVE the jersey concepts. I like the Anaheim home and alternate. I'm not liking the orange on the away, maybe you can try that sandy color? Also like the color scheme you have for Arizona. Good pattern.

I really like the orange myself. I felt the Ducks have had extremely boring uniforms, but have slowly improved them over the last few years. Until last year, when the included their orange alternates. Now I believe they have one of the better sets in the league.

Ducks08.png

Thanks for the input, though. :)

I really like the orange myself. I felt the Ducks have had extremely boring uniforms, but have slowly improved them over the last few years. Until last year, when the included their orange alternates. Now I believe they have one of the better sets in the league.

Ducks08.png

Thanks for the input, though. :)

The funny part is that I'm a Broncos fan (can obviously tell by my name) and I love their orange uniforms! But that color scheme for Anaheim is just weird. But I get what you are saying. Hope I don't get in the way haha.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Yes the 1 colour & white teams are going to be difficult. The traditionalists are not going to like it. There may even be some pressure from a few franchises and the fans to allow certain teams to have a white uniform. It will be interesting to see how it plays out...

What about teams with a home color that is the same as an away color.

EX) say MTL is going to have a blue away, and TOR had a blue home and alternate... Would MTL wear their home? Would TOR wear their away?

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Who says Toronto will have a blue home and alternate? ;)

The way it would work is the home team decides which jerseys they will wear well in advanced, possible before the season starts, and the away team can use any of their 3 jerseys to ensure a proper contrast, though they will only use their regular home uniform if their regular road and alternates aren't feasible. This may or may not be the case for Montreal @ Toronto. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Who says Toronto will have a blue home and alternate? ;)

The way it would work is the home team decides which jerseys they will wear well in advanced, possible before the season starts, and the away team can use any of their 3 jerseys to ensure a proper contrast, though they will only use their regular home uniform if their regular road and alternates aren't feasible. This may or may not be the case for Montreal @ Toronto. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Oh! My bad, just a guess.

Ok. That sounds better

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Sweet job! This really cool, definitely getting a follow!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

3/30

C5pw8h9.png

Third team up is the first original six team. Fortunately the Bruins are one of the few O6 that lend themselves nicely to this project. Didn't charge anything, just made the current away jersey yellow. The alternate is a wayback throwback that they have used in real life.

Archived