Cambridge Lions - Conceptual Hockey Team

MrWonka

Hello folks of the concepts boards! It's been awhile since I've posted something I've really worked hard on. Over the past two weeks I've been practicing my drawing for logos. I feel like sice I've started the improvement is uncanny. Now I'm at the point where I want to hit the next level of making great logos. So, this was just a small project just to play around with the idea of eventually taking on a big conceptual project.

Look at Brandon Moore and Sparky on this site, those are the type of in depth conceptual projects I want to do soon. Something where I spend a couple months working on the whole entire brand of a team. For right now though, I'm just going to do some small ones to continue practicing my design skills.

So for this post I introduce to you the fictional hockey club - The Cambridge Lions -

The full project can be seen on my Behance page

(I'll shamelessy plug in my link here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/32703883/Cambridge-Lions-Conceptual-Hockey-Team)

8f675932703883.568feeb15ddbc.jpg232c9d32703883.568feeb16548c.jpgadae0232703883.568feeb166ce5.jpg

A really nice set that is definitely really modern, while still seeming to be classic. I also like how you added included yellow in the color scheme for a team called the "Lions", but kept blue as the main color. All in all, the logo is nice, and it's a great concept overall.

^ shot in the dark, but Cambridge's minor football teams are known as the Lions.

This is correct. All in all it has no real connection. I made a team called the Lions a while ago and in connection to the University of Cambridge having a lion on the crest I decided to place it in an American Cambridge.

Very nice concept! However, I do have a hard time reading the lions word mark though. It maybe just me, but the letter I looks as if it wants to join the L so that it could be read as BONS rather than LIONS. But still, A great use of color for your hockey team and all around a nice presentation.

I meant to comment on this earlier...

Great wordmark.

You've done a nice job of tweaking the Olde English while maintaining its elements.

The colours and unis are very sharp.

The logo's really good but looks a tad compressed horizontally.

How would it look if you stretched it out a bit?

Nice work W.

Archived