New Subway Logo

TheRicSlick

9 hours ago, McCarthy said:

No words can describe? It's a color change. They didn't completely overhaul. I say this as someone who worked in signage, you aren't going to see many franchises upgrade their look for a while, especially when the change wasn't that drastic of a departure. 

Look at Wendy's. They completely overhauled their identity at least two years ago and I still see more stores that still use the old branding than I do the new one. 

Heck, I don't know about where you live (may be different, Wendy's was founded in your area, right?), but I still see more than a few Wendy's with the 1978 signage (Wendy beside the wordmark, instead of above)

wendys-logo-transformation.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

23 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Heck, I don't know about where you live (may be different, Wendy's was founded in your area, right?), but I still see more than a few Wendy's with the 1978 signage (Wendy beside the wordmark, instead of above)

Someone thought they were clever to use the Red Sox font when recreating the original Wendy's logo, and it has proliferated the interwebs.

It did have little spikes (see images below), but not the same as in this graphic, and similar ones on Pinterest.

%7Boption%7Dwendys-signs.jpg

http://img03.mar.cx/_images/AT89958

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

12 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I am from Dublin, Ohio the proud home of Wendy's, yes. It may be true that more stores in the close general radius of the headquarters have updated. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, this is not something that people will notice.  I don't know to what degree Jared played into the change, but I don't see it as some silver bullet that's going to make anyone forget about it.  The new ad campaigns are going to go further to that end.  They put far too many eggs in Jared's basket for far too long.  I don't think a logo change, be it tweak or overhaul, really matters.  All they can really do is what they are doing: changing their ad campaign and distance themselves.  I personally don't let the debacle get in the way of  how much I patronize Subway (not too much; I am not a huge fan) and won't unless I hear they were truly being McQueery/Paterno about it and I have not heard that.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Yeah, this is not something that people will notice.  I don't know to what degree Jared played into the change, but I don't see it as some silver bullet that's going to make anyone forget about it.  The new ad campaigns are going to go further to that end.  They put far too many eggs in Jared's basket for far too long.  I don't think a logo change, be it tweak or overhaul, really matters.  All they can really do is what they are doing: changing their ad campaign and distance themselves.  I personally don't let the debacle get in the way of  how much I patronize Subway (not too much; I am not a huge fan) and won't unless I hear they were truly being McQueery/Paterno about it and I have not heard that.  

I would be very surprised if the change in the colour of the logo drew a lot of notice, since its shape has stayed the same.

And they shouldn't be changing the logo; there's nothing wrong with it.  It is a highly recognisable mark; and it probably enjoys a generally positive association. I doubt that too many people will blame the Subway company for the illegal acts that its paid spokesman did in his spare time.  

As a side note: I live in New York, the home of a million delis where I could get sandwiches.  But, whenever I get a hero (which, admittedly, is only once a month or so), I go to Subway.  

The main reason is that they have whole wheat hero bread, which I have never seen in any regular deli.  Also, I really like their selection of toppings.  Most delis have sweet peppers; many have jalapeños; some have banana peppers. But not very many have all three.  And I love it that Subway has spinach as a topping; this is something that you don't see in delis.

Morgo mentioned the smell, as though it is a bad thing.  I will admit that I don't get this complaint at all, as I really like the baked bread smell that characterises a Subway sandwich shop.  It is as distinctive and as pleasant as the smell of Burger King or White Castle (which are two places which I don't go to anymore, but which I remember fondly).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 1 month later...

Archived