pitt6pack

NFL Fields - Experimenting with Snow

2 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Yep, not sure if they are putting the team name in the end zones. But they had "Arizona" in both yesterday. nd no red striping on the 20's either. 

Speaking of displaced 49ers, in 1989 they had to play at Stanford Stadium. I remember the field numbers being on the field twice. One at college placement and one at the NFL placement. 

I've been doing some experimenting with adding "snow" to fields for snow games. I don't think I've perfected the method just yet, but this is what I've got so far:

Lighter snow game:

Qy8hE6r.jpg

Heavier snow game:

JgQXGWs.jpg

Still trying to get the balance down right, before I start adding actual snow fields for real games (these images are for fields for teams in the GSL).

Once I get to a point where I like how the snow looks, I'll start going back through time and adding snow to fields for snow games. Right now, I can do this in paint, but I'm open to suggestions for other methods.

7 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I've been doing some experimenting with adding "snow" to fields for snow games. I don't think I've perfected the method just yet, but this is what I've got so far:

Lighter snow game:

Qy8hE6r.jpg

Heavier snow game:

JgQXGWs.jpg

Still trying to get the balance down right, before I start adding actual snow fields for real games (these images are for fields for teams in the GSL).

Once I get to a point where I like how the snow looks, I'll start going back through time and adding snow to fields for snow games. Right now, I can do this in paint, but I'm open to suggestions for other methods.

Here's what I would do...

1. Throw your field PNG into power point

2. Draw a rectangle over your field

3. Fill the rectangle with texture, such as Newsprint for example

4. Change your transparency as needed

5. Select all, and save as picture

Voila!

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RBronish said:

Voila!

spacer.png

Incredible.

12 hours ago, RBronish said:

Voila!

spacer.png

I guess I'll have to contribute also. 😂😂😂

spacer.png

20 hours ago, RBronish said:

Voila!

spacer.png

8 hours ago, jc... said:

I guess I'll have to contribute also. 😂😂😂

spacer.png

Hahaha, I love both of these! Of course, no game was played in the Metrodome, but they did play in icy conditions at the Badgers field that year.

I think I've found a set of snow textures I like for now, and I can vary the amount of snow.

I just have to post links for now, but here's some games:

2020 Chiefs at Broncos: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/DEN/r1024/DEN_2020^2.png

2019 Broncos at Chiefs: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/KC/r1024/KC_2019^4.png

2017 Colts at Bills: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/BUF/r1024/BUF_2017^2.png

2016 Steelers at Bills: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/BUF/r1024/BUF_2016^2.png

And here's the link for the entire Week 14 of 2013, which included 4 snow games:

Lions at Eagles

Chiefs at (Washington Football Team)

Dolphins at Steelers (crazy game that almost ended in a muli-latteral Antonio Brown touchdown)

Vikings at Ravens (crazy game that had 5 or 6 touchdowns in the final few minutes, and 4 in the last 2 minutes)

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2013&week=14&league=NFL

One of the games that needs to be done is the game on Thanksgiving Night Nov. 25, 1993 Miami Dolhpins vs Dallas Cowboys! at Texas Stadium

"Leon Lett,  NO!!!"

State Farm Stadium Arizona Cardinals vs Philadelphia Eagles. December 20, 2020

zOtnzC5.png

New grass being added in. With the Playstation Fiesta Bowl being played on January 2, 2021

Today's field was quite interesting. Made it work for not expecting a game to be played the day after the Fiesta Bowl. 

1 hour ago, jc... said:

Today's field was quite interesting. Made it work for not expecting a game to be played the day after the Fiesta Bowl. 

Yeah, didn't look pretty, but it was interesting. Should be a fun field to put together.

2020 Week 17 - 49ers Frankenfield in Phoenix

v0fLkvN.png

It doesn't get more Frankenfield than this. With a short turn around between games, I'm not sure that there was much more that could have been done for this field.