Pistons Rebrand

R3G

This is a very good start, but I feel it is a little bland. I would add something in the ball. Maybe the alternate.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

This is a very good start, but I feel it is a little bland. I would add something in the ball. Maybe the alternate.

That's one thing I was thinking as well. What alternate are you thinking of?

Generally speaking it's best to ARC the letters in a roundel, rather than ARCH them.

Ok, gotcha, I didn't really know which would be better. This helps a lot. Any way to arc them without making them look stretched?

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

Generally speaking it's best to ARC the letters in a roundel, rather than ARCH them.

Ok, gotcha, I didn't really know which would be better. This helps a lot. Any way to arc them without making them look stretched?

Transforming the text with arc doesn't look great either, because you're right, the text gets all stretched and distorted.

What you actually want to do is type on a curve. Should be fairly easy regardless of what program you use.

Transforming the text with arc doesn't look great either, because you're right, the text gets all stretched and distorted.

What you actually want to do is type on a curve. Should be fairly easy regardless of what program you use.

This video helped me out a long time ago. Of course, if you're in Illustrator, that is.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

This helped a lot. I typed on a circular path and it looks much better, and not stretched out like it would if arced. I had to stop for a little while to figure out how to type on a path, but from then on it was easy.

What software are you using?

Photoshop CC

This video helped me out a long time ago. Of course, if you're in Illustrator, that is.

That helped a little bit, but it's not quite the same on photoshop. But yeah I figured it out. Thanks.

Here it is with the text fixed. I'm gonna keep working and trying to make the DP in the middle

24275054682_08e74d8132_o.png

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

Better, but it still needs some work. My suggestion is to get inkscape for future projects, simply because it is easier to make logos with. With that said, you have a good base, but right now, I can go and add any team name on your logo, change the colors, and i have a new logo that can work. I know that the Pistons dont have that much of a flashy identity, but this can be improved on. Like SplashBoogie said earlier, maybe make a DP logo to go inside the ball, or maybe branch out from the the horse logo, who knows. But wat you have right now is just too bland to work.

Archived