MLS Kits 2017 (BONUS: 2016 All Star Game kit posted 3/7)

upperV03

4 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

Baby blue is back! I really like this one. Just the subtle touches of blue on the cuffs and collar is just enough for me. Excellent job.

I'm glad that there is another Men in Blazers fan on the board. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

Baby blue is back! I really like this one. Just the subtle touches of blue on the cuffs and collar is just enough for me. Excellent job.

Thank you! With the abundance of light blue in MLS these days, I'll admit I was hesitant to use baby blue on the cuffs and collar, but I think it works really well when used sparingly with the bright orange and clean white, so I opted to use it. I'm glad you like it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sorry for the delay everyone, I was out and about last night and didn't have time to post this. Anyways, today I have the Union, who will be unveiling a new secondary for the 2017 season. Philly obviously has one of the most unique looks in MLS for their home kits, but their away kits have been all over the map in recent years. They've tried a gold shirt, a light blue one, and now obviously a white one. I haven't really been a fan of any of them, so I decided to do an understated white and navy kit, with a thin gold and light blue center stripe on the chest which mimics the stripe design in the crest. I made the center stripe thin so that the crest and adidas logos could be on the sides for a change, and because I have never really liked the look of the crest in the center. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory, so take a look:

Union2016.png.bef44e24a1c270182a67ef7033

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 minutes ago, PaperThin said:

I don't like how you used the light blue and gold stripe, it might look better if you replace the light blue with the navy blue, and then just make the light blue an accent color.

I respectfully disagree, but I'll wait to see what others think. The light blue and gold stripe as I said is meant to mimic the stripe in the crest, and I think it provides a nice bit of color on an otherwise white and navy kit. Like I said, though, I'll wait to see what others say before I decide whether or not I feel it's a necessary change.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Both look really good.

Houston - I really like the baby blue accents and the sunburst (?) sublimation. Clever.

Philly - I really like the idea. Fits in well with their new primary kit unveiled earlier this month. It would be interesting to see a gold version of it, though.

31 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Both look really good.

Houston - I really like the baby blue accents and the sunburst (?) sublimation. Clever.

Philly - I really like the idea. Fits in well with their new primary kit unveiled earlier this month. It would be interesting to see a gold version of it, though.

Thanks, timberwolf. It is indeed a sublimated sunburst on the Houston kit, so I'm glad you like that. And as for as the Philly kit, I've never really been a fan of gold soccer kits, which is why I opted for a white secondary instead. If I did try out a gold shirt, though, ould you want it to just be a gold base with the thin light blue stripe?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Thanks, timberwolf. It is indeed a sublimated sunburst on the Houston kit, so I'm glad you like that. And as for as the Philly kit, I've never really been a fan of gold soccer kits, which is why I opted for a white secondary instead. If I did try out a gold shirt, though, ould you want it to just be a gold base with the thin light blue stripe?

Yes that may look good.

4 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

Both look really good but as i said earlier maybe a little touch of light blue on the cuffs would make it better

I just don't think that's necessary. Both kits are meant to be understated with either gold and navy or white and navy, and adding more light blue just muddles it up IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Yeah the gold doesn't look very good. What's next?

I'll stick with the white one then, thanks for the feedback. And I'll likely do Vancouver next, but maybe Colorado. I'll probably have the next one posted tomorrow, or atleast that's what I am hoping for. Expect a retro and classic-inspired look for Vancouver and another state flag and Arsenal-inspired look for Colorado.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I just don't think that's necessary. Both kits are meant to be understated with either gold and navy or white and navy, and adding more light blue just muddles it up IMO.

Ah ok i get where you come from

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I'll stick with the white one then, thanks for the feedback. And I'll likely do Vancouver next, but maybe Colorado. I'll probably have the next one posted tomorrow, or atleast that's what I am hoping for.

Can't wait for Vancouver!

Today I am back with the 2017 primary kit for the Vancouver Whitecaps. This is another idea I borrowed from my previous MLS kit thread which I never finished, and I decided to keep roughly the same base design because I think it would make for a near perfect primary kit for Vancouver. The shirt features a baby blue henley collar, with baby blue and navy cuffs, and a chest stripe which mimics the design of those of the NASL era Whitecaps kits adorns the torso. I also decided to make navy shorts the primary, with white as the alternate, because I think white/navy/white would be a much more distinctive look for them, especially with LA practically already owning the all-white primary look. White socks with the same stripe design as the shirt finish off the kit. C&C is once again always welcomed, and here you go:

Whitecaps2016.png.032912b51ff0e25278301f

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I love it! The chest stripe is the best. Just the wright amount of sky blue and navy. And since the new secondary has a henley collar aswell, i think the whitecaps could just make this a traditional look for them. Job well done! Can't wait for Colorado!

Archived