MLS Kits 2017 (BONUS: 2016 All Star Game kit posted 3/7)

upperV03

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

I don't love the logo. Not at all. I think if you're gonna try to go for red and green, ditch the crayon ball and use some sort of flag-based crest.

The red and green is only for this specific kit, which I guess I thought was pretty clear. I wasn't suggesting that green and red would be a new color scheme, it's just simply the color scheme of the flag-inspired secondary kit and red and blue would still be the club's colors. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The red and green is only for this specific kit, which I guess I thought was pretty clear. I wasn't suggesting that green and red would be a new color scheme, it's just simply the color scheme of the flag-inspired secondary kit and red and blue would still be the club's colors. 

Yea but being a revolution fan who seriously hates the current logo, I could resist. But, I really do like the hoops and the tree on the back. I think this would be the direction to go minus the current logo. 

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

Very cool. I was hoping that a variation on that stripe pattern would form the basis for this year's IRL primary kit, actually. I appreciate the effort with the logo but this treatment doesn't work for me, mainly because I think that logo in monochrome looks odd. But the navy ball would look odd on the kit with that green trim...one more reason a new logo is needed, I suppose.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Thanks for all the comments on the Revolution kit, it's greatly appreciated. I have one of the Minnesota kits done, so I figured I'd post that now instead of waiting until I complete the other one. This kit started out as an idea for a primary kit, but instead it morphed into something that I felt would be more appropriate for a secondary kit. The base of the kit is a very dark grey, as has been used on past Minnesota kits, and light blue is used as the primary accent color, with light grey used for the names, numbers, and sponsor logos. A light blue sash, like the one from the crest, is on the lower half of the shirt, with subtle and thin diagonal pinstripes surrounding it. Black is used for the adidas stripes. I used 3M as the sponsor because I have seen a few Minnesota concepts with it as the sponsor, so I figured that would be just as good a guess as any. So without further ado, the secondary kit for Minnesota:

MinnesotaUTDsecondary2016.png.0fa2471844

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I ended up having more time to work on these this weekend than I thought I would, so I was able to get the Minnesota primary kit done as well. I opted for a solid light blue kit, with black as the accent color throughout. Instead of diagonal stripes like on the away kit, I used a sublimated chevron design across the chest as the primary design feature, with a thin light blue chevron in the middle of the larger one, which lines up with the light blue sash in the crest. Black shorts are an alternative option, but the light blue would be used most often. C&C on both Minnesota kits would be greatly appreciated, and here is a look at the primary:

MinnesotaUTDprimary2016.png.4b5f0e50c6e4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I know the logo and colors aren't yours, but man, there are too many powder blue teams in MLS. I wonder how the Loons would look if you made their home uniform grey instead of black/powder? Not a very exciting color, I know, but at least it would stand out.

I do agree that there is quite a bit of light blue in the MLS right now, but I think Minnesota is still unique enough from the other light blue clad teams, like SKC and NYCFC. SKC has established itself as a light blue and navy (or indigo, as they call it) team, and NYCFC is more of a light blue and white team, with navy as an accent. So I think Minnesota can still be unique enough with their brighter shade of light blue, and the black/dark grey/light grey as accents. As far as my concepts, the light blue kit is the primary, with the dark grey/black kit as the secondary. I think the dark grey kit is pretty unique in MLS, and it contrasts nicely with the light blue kit, so I'm not gonna try making a light grey kit. Even though grey is the most prominent color in their current crest, I personally think it should be strictly an accent color in their kits. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Back today with the kits for Atlanta, who will debut next season. The primary kit should come as no surprise, as practically every Atlanta home kit concept since they unveiled their logo has had some form of black and red vertical stripes. With my interpretation of it, I wanted to keep things simple and classy, which is why I went with three red vertical stripes on a black base. Red and gold trim is present on the collar and cuffs, and hooped socks complete the look. Black shorts are the primary option, with an alternate red pair that I included because I thought it looked better than white shorts, considering there is no white present in the shirt at all. So here is the primary kit:

ATLprimary2016.png.9a3f087abab53af27b08e

The secondary kit concepts that I have seen for Atlanta have varied greatly, and so I wanted to create a unique yet classy design that fit the overall design aesthetic of the club. The kit is white, which I thought was a much better option than their drab gold, and the shirt features thin hoops that contain red, gold, and black piping. Gold is the accent color, and the collar and cuffs feature the exact same trim as the home shirt. White shorts and socks complete the look, and the black shorts from the primary kit serve as an alternative to the white shorts. 

ATLsecondary2016.png.f1153b6a10b4446719a

C&C is greatly appreciated on either kit, and hope you enjoy. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks for the comments on the Atlanta kits guys. Yeah, I've never really liked gold as the base for a soccer jersey, so that is why I chose white. And I won't be making a third kit for them due to the fact that Adidas and MLS are seemingly going away from thirds. Anyways, today I have the kits for LAFC. I wasn't sure if I would do them or not, but I decided I might as well. With a color scheme like black and gold, I wanted to make the kits very classy and somewhat understated, especially considering they are an LA team. In addition, since their crest is art deco inspired, I wanted to play off that same theme with these kits. Both kits are essentially the same, as they both feature gold cuffs and a gold henley collar, as well as an art deco insipred graphic that fades from the bottom of the shirt to the chest. The black home shirt features the graphic in a feint gold, fading to black, while the white kit features the graphic in a feint grey, which fades to white. The home kit combination is black/white/black, while the secondary is white/black/white, both of which are fairly unique looks in the MLS, and both pairs of shorts can be used with either shirt. C&C is greatly appreciated, and take a look:

LAFCprimary2016.png.41591d01a67e0f3de58d

LAFCsecondary2016.png.6647623b519b963777

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, Digby said:

That diamond pattern is perfect. Love it. I wouldn't love the second LA team wearing a Galaxy-esque white jersey, but again you'd run into the gross gold jersey problem otherwise.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of the second LA team wearing a white kit since the Galaxy are so known for it now, but gold is just a very unpalatable color to use as the base of a soccer jersey. Part of the reason I went with the contrasting shorts on both kits was to distinguish the secondary kit from the all-white Galaxy kits, but chances are they'd have to go mono-white quite a bit. Anyways, I'm glad you like the diamond pattern and the kits as a whole, and thanks for all of your C&C.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

MinnU(i can see this catching on) : Really love both of thes. Love the idea behind the secondary with the little sash.

Atlanta: love it. I dont think you could've done a better job on these. The idea behind the secondary is brilliant and original. I also like the AC Milan like home kit.

LAFC: Wow. Just wow. I'm a sucker for henley collars so it possibly makes me a litttle biased but the design and gradient is superb. I would need to buy that black kit even if i'm a Montreal fan.

A whole lot of thumbs up for you!

As an MNUFC fan, I'm curious why you chose to reverse the kit colors from what they currently use.  Also, where's my wing? ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

38 minutes ago, Mockba said:

As an MNUFC fan, I'm curious why you chose to reverse the kit colors from what they currently use.  Also, where's my wing? ;)

Assuming you mean my decision to use the light blue for the primary and the dark grey for the secondary? If so, I just thought that, although there are two teams who already use light blue primaries, it was a much better and more identifiable color for the club's primary kit. The dark grey would be a unique look in MLS for a primary kit, and is a unique look now, but the light blue, especially since it is a brighter shade than NYCFC and SKC's, just felt like a more appropriate color for them to use for their primary kit, and I felt like it could still stand on its own from and not be confused with the two aforementioned clubs. As far as the wing, I just felt like they've already been there and done that, and I wanted to instead create unique and original designs, especially considering they would be their inaugural MLS kits. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived