LA Kings Concept (Updated)

StevenGrant94

It's OK, but I am a HUGE believer that the Kings have the worst, or at least most boring, jerseys in the league. They need SOME colour. Black and silver is just boring.

Having said that, these look fine. But no Kings concept will be a big improvement until they add actual colour.

6 hours ago, CanucksBrad said:

It's OK, but I am a HUGE believer that the Kings have the worst, or at least most boring, jerseys in the league. They need SOME colour. Black and silver is just boring.

Having said that, these look fine. But no Kings concept will be a big improvement until they add actual colour.

Except most of the teams success with stanley cup victories is associated with the black and silver design. I'd enjoy a purple and gold alternate but i doubt it'll happen. Boring or not, the black and silver uniforms look so great on television.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

11 hours ago, CanucksBrad said:

I am a HUGE believer that the Kings have the worst, or at least most boring, jerseys in the league.

Most boring because their colors are a virtual greyscale? Ok, I guess I'll give you that. But THE WORST? Look at how terrible and outdated teams like the Canucks and Capitals already look. This also goes for pretty much team that has incorporated light blue over the past decade -- too many to list. With the current Cup success, the best you'll get out of the Kings are the occasional purple and yellow throwbacks.

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Most boring because their colors are a virtual greyscale? Ok, I guess I'll give you that. But THE WORST? Look at how terrible and outdated teams like the Canucks and Capitals already look. This also goes for pretty much team that has incorporated light blue over the past decade -- too many to list. With the current Cup success, the best you'll get out of the Kings are the occasional purple and yellow throwbacks.

You're gonna sit here and tell CanucksBrad that the Canucks have the worst jerseys in the NHL??? And the Caps have one of the best alternates across the league.

You're crazy. The Kings might as well be a baseball team will all their lack of colour. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ask and you shall receive (although it might not be exactly what you wanted).

LosAngeles-Set2.thumb.png.ae3699add1ff7c

I don't think the purple and yellow colour scheme work with their current logos and fonts, so I used vintage versions.

LosAngeles-Set3.thumb.png.f99d56a8845cd4

And here's the same concept using a darker purple and silver.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I still don't like the crown they use now (IMO, they've never really had a good crown logo) but that first set you've posted is already a big improvement over their current look. Anything without that obnoxious sleeve piping is an upgrade for LA, and having two lots of stripes on the sleeves would certainly make them more visually interesting.

I like the purple and silver version too, but if it were me I'd add purple as an accent to the black and silver they have now.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived