Titans Alternate Concept

Bolts

1 minute ago, CanucksBrad said:

There's literally no design here. It's a plain blue jersey with a light blue collar and plain white pants.

In terms of actual execution, first thing I noticed is the helmet logo sticks out over the ear hole.

ouch

6 minutes ago, Bolts said:

Well yeah it was just for fun lol

Well this concept doesn't exactly scream fun. it's pretty bland, simple, and not very creative. Not much for us to comment on. The numbers would be pretty hard to read  i guess. I feel like the pants shouldn't be plain white. The name font is maybe Arial so I'm not really excited about that and there should be some TV Numbers on the shoulders.

I can see you're a new poster, so the advice I'm going to give you is this:

Make sure your project, whatever it may be, is polished before you post it.  It's okay to not be a super-skilled photoshopper, or not be the best artist, and the people here will give you tons of respect and plenty of solid advice if they can see you're working your butt off to bring something you envisioned to life.  If people can tell you aren't putting in 100%, though, you're going to get harsh criticism and people pointing out where you took shortcuts instead of looking at the things you did put work into.

That being said, here's a critique of your concept.  I like the light blue numbers on the dark blue jersey with the red trim.  I might be inclined to do a double outline with white so that the colours wouldn't look like they bleed into each other in real life.  Try to visualize a real player wearing your uniform in a game, and think readability.  I feel like the blue helmet doesn't really say 'Titans' to me, though the 'T-sword' is nicer than what they currently use on their helmets.  The jerseys themselves are pretty bland, with no supporting logos and plain pants.  Also, the front of your arm sleeve holes are a different colour than the backs.

I'd like to see you go back and tidy this up, and show us a polished product.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

10 minutes ago, aci said:

I can see you're a new poster, so the advice I'm going to give you is this:

Make sure your project, whatever it may be, is polished before you post it.  It's okay to not be a super-skilled photoshopper, or not be the best artist, and the people here will give you tons of respect and plenty of solid advice if they can see you're working your butt off to bring something you envisioned to life.  If people can tell you aren't putting in 100%, though, you're going to get harsh criticism and people pointing out where you took shortcuts instead of looking at the things you did put work into.

That being said, here's a critique of your concept.  I like the light blue numbers on the dark blue jersey with the red trim.  I might be inclined to do a double outline with white so that the colours wouldn't look like they bleed into each other in real life.  Try to visualize a real player wearing your uniform in a game, and think readability.  I feel like the blue helmet doesn't really say 'Titans' to me, though the 'T-sword' is nicer than what they currently use on their helmets.  The jerseys themselves are pretty bland, with no supporting logos and plain pants.  Also, the front of your arm sleeve holes are a different colour than the backs.

I'd like to see you go back and tidy this up, and show us a polished product.

Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it a lot.

9 hours ago, Bolts said:

Well yeah it was just for fun lol

Just because you did it for fun, doesn't mean that you need to be sloppy or very plain and basic... If fact, going super crazy would be more fun... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

What's going on here?

First concept.

@Bolts first off, welcome to the concepts forums. As for your jersey, you want your jersey numbers to have a good contrast from the rest of your jersey as well as the name on the back to either match or at least be complementary to the number font. Arial for NOBs aren't a sign of prime time.

Also, you're missing the "TV numbers" which usually go either on the sleeves or the shoulders of NFL uniforms. They're not a must on college or arena uniforms but they're part of the tradition on NFL uniforms. Pants stripes can go either way, though blank ones can be pulled off. 

If anything, just maybe plan it out. You have a good first draft. 

Just now, Ashes of Astroworld said:

First concept.

@Bolts first off, welcome to the concepts forums. As for your jersey, you want your jersey numbers to have a good contrast from the rest of your jersey as well as the name on the back to either match or at least be complementary to the number font. Arial for NOBs aren't a sign of prime time.

Also, you're missing the "TV numbers" which usually go either on the sleeves or the shoulders of NFL uniforms. They're not a must on college or arena uniforms but they're part of the tradition on NFL uniforms. Pants stripes can go either way, though blank ones can be pulled off. 

If anything, just maybe plan it out. You have a good first draft. 

Thank you, i'm updating it at this moment with a better template

Archived