Portland Steel logo revealed

OregonAF2

The Arena Football League has introduced new logos for their new team in Portland, Oregon, the Portland Steel.  Here they are...

Also, New Orleans VooDoo, Las Vegas Outlaws and San Jose SaberCats are now defunct.

Any comments about the new look?

Portland Steel #1.png

Portland Steel #7.png

Portland Steel #8.png

Portland Steel #14.png

Portland Steel #16.png

Wait, so the New Orleans Voodoo, San Jose SaberCats and the Las Vegas Outlaws are defunct? What are the other teams in the league? Those were like the only ones I had heard of...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Wait, so the New Orleans Voodoo, San Jose SaberCats and the Las Vegas Outlaws are defunct? What are the other teams in the league? Those were like the only ones I had heard of...

Orlando Predators, Jacksonville Sharks, Tampa Bay Storm, Cleveland Gladiators, LA KISS, Arizona Rattlers, and Philadelphia Soul.

They're an 8-team league, and Portland is league-owned now. In addition to the foldings listed above, Spokane bailed for the IFL.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Orlando Predators, Jacksonville Sharks, Tampa Bay Storm, Cleveland Gladiators, LA KISS, Arizona Rattlers, and Philadelphia Soul.

They're an 8-team league, and Portland is league-owned now. In addition to the foldings listed above, Spokane bailed for the IFL.

The Philly team and the LA team I've heard of I guess, but vaguely. The rest don't spark any of my memory. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Philly team and the LA team I've heard of I guess, but vaguely. The rest don't spark any of my memory. 

The Orlando Predators and the Tampa Bay Storm are the most storied teams in the history of the league, notwithstanding Arizona's recent run of success.

Orlando had Barry Wagner, the greatest player in league history, the Babe Ruth / Wayne Gretzky of Arena Football.  If you know one thing about Arena Football, that one thing should be Barry Wagner  And Tampa Bay had league legends Stevie Thomas and George LaFrance, as well as the league's greatest-ever coach Tim Marcum.  Jay Gruden played for both teams; he played for Tampa Bay in his prime, then coached Orlando and came out of retirement to play for them.

These teams have the biggest rivalry in the league, comparable to the Bears-Packers rivalry.  (Close was Arizona - San Jose; but that has ended with San Jose's folding.) The two teams met in the ArenaBowl in 1995 in the highest-drawing championship game ever, with attendance of more than 25,000.  And they once met in a regular-season game that drew nearly 30,000 fans.  Both of these games were played in what was then called the Thunderdome, the park that is now the home of the Tampa Bay Rays.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived