NHL Alternate Series (22/30)

ldconcepts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember, only one suggestion at a time! But from now on, I'll be doing four at a time.

So, today's suggestions come from @RedfieldNick and @OhioSportsMan61. (A lot of these are white, but bear with me, they're just concepts. :D 

DETROIT RED WINGS

Detroit_zpsvdjox7dg.png

This was made to be a Stadium Series Uni along with my Colorado Concept, with the theme being interesting shoulder yokes, inspired by their amazing new logo. I mixed that with classic stripes.

CALGARY FLAMES

Calgary_zpsikzentdw.png

This is meant to replace their primary. It takes cues from their current alt, like the numbers and shoulder logos, and eliminates the white-on-yellow problem.

DALLAS STARS

Dallas_zpst4pncpwk.png

Dallas is a team that I feel would benefit from angled striping, and I tried to do that justice.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Columbus_zpsrnuhk4tw.png

This concept is a direct copy of @OhioSportsMan61's Jackets concept. LOL JK JK...:D

Anyway, the striping is obviously inspired by the Ohio flag, plus a new type of shoulder yoke that I invented (or not invented, it might've already been used, I don't know :).

Only 8 teams left! First commenter picks the next 4 teams!

While you're at it, leave some much-appreciated C&C!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

8 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Bump

Bumping once an hour won't encourage people to give you feedback, be patient.

Detroit is good, but I think you could simplify the shoulder yoke. Calgary and Dallas also look fine, but on Dallas maybe connect the stripes on the sides so that they aren't split up. The Jackets could do without the blue sleeves, maybe match the sleeve stripes with the hem stripes.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

4 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Bumping once an hour won't encourage people to give you feedback, be patient.

Detroit is good, but I think you could simplify the shoulder yoke. Calgary and Dallas also look fine, but on Dallas maybe connect the stripes on the sides so that they aren't split up. The Jackets could do without the blue sleeves, maybe match the sleeve stripes with the hem stripes.

Thing is, that would actually be exactly like yours! :D

Thanks for the feedback

Nyzv9xS.png

Apparently, I was off with the counting. Anyway, here are the next four teams:

OTTAWA SENATORS

Ottawa_zpsxdksdfch.png

The Sens have all the pieces for an amazing set, but don't use them. In a perfect world, they'd wear a modernized barberpole with this beauty on the front. So. they'd naturally have a Roman theme on the alt. I feel like sublimation is the best path, here.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERSPhiladelphia_zpsq0ocg5mu.png

I've already posted this as a Stadium Series Concept, but I find it works just as well as an alt. The bold striping matches the logo, and throws back to the days of the Quakers.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS

Washington_zpscel2oed1.png

I get the "Rock the Red" marketing, but it's time for a blue alt with the Weagle on the front. With some throwback-inspired striping on a new Reebok template that should be carried over to Adidas, I find that this is the obvious route to go.

The final teams will be posted tomorrow, but I'll be taking request for teams of the past!

Nyzv9xS.png

Sens are good, though nothing can beat their current alt.

Flyers are good, but if you wanted to completely match the logo you'd need to add a fourth stripe.

Caps are also good. The Weagle should definitely be the primary for at least one jersey in their set. I don't know if it'd look good, but maybe the Caps' current primary could go on at least one of the shoulders

Okay, to close out this thread, here are the last two teams:

PITTSBURGH PENGUINSPittsburgh_zpszjbg16qw.png

Went a little out of the box with this one. I kept a classic element, the shoulder colour, but the rest I just added triangular striping. I know the stripes don't match, but I tried for it to have a different look on the ice.

BUFFALO SABRES

Buffalo_zps4kupopdd.png

This is meant to replace the primary. I didn't know where I got the idea for the double stripes, but then I checked NHLUniforms.com and realized it was the striping of their anniversary alt. Oops. :blush: Anyway, meant to replace the primary, here's my take on the Sabres.

Nyzv9xS.png

I think a blue alt for Nashville is a great idea, but the pick logo gets lost in the blue, I'd consider either a different color for the shoulders or a different patch for them. Other than that, I really like the design.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived