NHL Alternate Series (22/30)

ldconcepts

More testament towards dropping orange from the SJ logo. Looks great like that. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With @Zeus89725's suggestion, here are the next three teams:

EDMONTON OILERS

Edmonton_zpsfzdsnlra.png

Let this be said: the Oilers look beautiful in orange. Their throwback is a thing of beauty, and it's going to be brought back as an alt next season. That being said, my concept is sort of based off its blue balance.

BONUS:

edm_zpsypzeuph8.png

This was just an idea I had about modern barberpole and oil drops over it.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

New%20Jersey_zpsjayk5yuv.png

Now that Lou is gone, it's time for a black alt for the Devils. Inspired fully by their first white, with a couple additions like the recoloured logo to match and a shoulder yoke, I think this type will sell well in NJ.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Vancouver_zpstrbmlzov.png

I think I finally figured out how green can be incorporated into the orca! This is a modernized version of their first white, with a full length yoke. The one thing I'm not too sure about is the logo choice. Any suggestions on which logos should be used?

First commenter picks the next 3 teams! (I haven't gotten much feedback yet, so please give some much-appreciated C&C!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On the second Oilers alt, I'd move the TV numbers inside the yoke like on the RL orange jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I just happened to stumble upon this thread, and I am glad I did!

Edmonton: I like the Bonus Jersey, putting the TV Numbers inside the oil drop would look nice.

New Jersey: I like it, a lot! I like the black jersey, and the striping is nice and simple.

Vancouver: I like the Green addition to the logo.The jersey is simple.

Carolina

Toronto

St. Louis

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Ok, apparently there's no more C&C to be  found. :huh:

So, with @BostonStrong13's suggestion, here are the next 3 teams:

CAROLINA HURRICANES

Carolina_zpslwdfn1qz.png

Their current jerseys lack character (besides their awesome alt). So, à la Kings, I made an alt that is better than the primary (well, not à la Kings) that would replace it and have a white counterpart introduced. This set fixes the business of their originals, keeps it clean, and has the character that their current set lacks. With the U-23 jerseys, apparently Adidas has figured out a way to put patterns on the arm without it being too heavy:rolleyes:

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

I have a couple options here (before you blast me for them being Habs-like, bear with me, the first two are throwbacks to their St-Pats days):

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%20Concept_zpsb8q

Option 1 is a white version of their last St. Pats uniforms, with arm stripes, yoke stripes, names and numbers added to complete a modern throwback look.

toronto%20blue_zpsogojiaev.png

Just to see what it would look like, Option two is a quickly recoloured version of Option 1.

Toronto_zpsakn8vrrd.png

Option 3 is a modernized version of their three-striped classic blues worn originally when they renamed themselves the Maple Leafs.

Honestly I'd like to see all three of them used like Montreal did. What do you think?

ST. LOUIS BLUES

St.%20Louis.pptx_zpsd7zbvqcw.png

This was inspired by the outlines of the logo. I might've gone a little bit off the board with the numbers, but...

First commenter gets to pick the next three teams! 

DETAILED C&C IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

(See what I did there? :rolleyes:

Nyzv9xS.png

I feel like white really is a weird color for an alternate. The reason why they are usually colored is to get sales on not only the jersey but it gets home fans excited to see them on ice so they buy tickets.

5 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

I feel like white really is a weird color for an alternate. The reason why they are usually colored is to get sales on not only the jersey but it gets home fans excited to see them on ice so they buy tickets.

I know what you mean, but some teams like Arizona are embracing the white at home night, which prompts more sales of the white. These are meant to be the best looking, not the most practical.

Nyzv9xS.png

2 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'd add a little bit of silver to the Canes jersey.

The Leafs look fine, not a huge fan of the Blues jersey though.

There is silver- just look closely at the stripes ;)

Nyzv9xS.png

Again, I'm sorry to keep pointing this out, but your original Canes concept looks eerily similar to mine that I made a while back 

I like the update with the addition of silver though.

Maple Leafs look way too busy, too many stripes going on there.

Blues is nice, would like to see a matching blue!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

21 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Again, I'm sorry to keep pointing this out, but your original Canes concept looks eerily similar to mine that I made a while back 

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I have NO idea how that happened AGAIN. I guess maybe that's a common idea? Wow I'm sorry, but I mean there's nothing really to be sorry for...:blink:

Nyzv9xS.png

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Putting the hurricane flags inside a stripe is pretty much the most common Hurricanes

Rollinsman did it in July

Hurricanes_zpsho5w1abx.png

Brass did it in November 2014
X6dNztU.png

OldSchoolVikings did it with another color added in August

hurc_zpscb2heyif.png

JCC did it way back in 2007

hurricanes3.png

Morgo did it in 2013

Screenshot2014-06-28at115152AM.png

and Speedy also did it in 2007

hurricanes.png

I'm sure there'd be a lot more if the links were still working, but there's a lot of link rot and broken hyperlinks. 

Really, it's more crazy when someone DOESN'T do that setup of the flag stripe on the hem and sleeves flanked by a stripe or two.

I say it's simply a good idea that a lot of people are coming to, I don't think anything malicious happened here.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

14 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Putting the hurricane flags inside a stripe is pretty much the most common Hurricanes

Rollinsman did it in July

Hurricanes_zpsho5w1abx.png

Brass did it in November 2014
X6dNztU.png

OldSchoolVikings did it with another color added in August

hurc_zpscb2heyif.png

JCC did it way back in 2007

hurricanes3.png

Morgo did it in 2013

Screenshot2014-06-28at115152AM.png

and Speedy also did it in 2007

hurricanes.png

I'm sure there'd be a lot more if the links were still working, but there's a lot of link rot and broken hyperlinks. 

Really, it's more crazy when someone DOESN'T do that setup of the flag stripe on the hem and sleeves flanked by a stripe or two.

I say it's simply a good idea that a lot of people are coming to, I don't think anything malicious happened here.

It wasn't the hurricane striping, it was the exact same pattern, but yeah, that's my point

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived