DEL jersey series (Fischtown added)

jay_fs_designs

Hi all! As this is my first post on here I'd like to introduce myself first.

Some of you may know my instagram account or seen my concepts on HJC. I'm also part of the design group called "World of Jersey Concepts". 

Due to the lack of feedback on insta and HJC I decided to take my concepts here. So please don't hold back and give a lot of feedback.

As a German jersey designer it was only natural for me to do a DEL (German hockey league) redesign series. All the concepts are made with "Artweaver" and/or Photoshop CS2.

The main logos on the jerseys are all the original team logos. For some I designed alternate logos for 3rd jerseys. If so, it's stated on the concept. I also decided to add the same kind of detail to all jerseys: founding year on the back (where NHL jerseys have the "Reebok" wordmark) and a collar insert showing the original/partial/recoloured city crest of each teams hometown. I also decided to do all concepts without advertising patches. Only the current league patches.

So this was a lot of text. Let's start off with the first team - my fav and local team - Augsburger Panther. The secondary logo was used by the club a few decades ago and has been used for throwback jerseys a few times over the last years.

Jay S.aev2.png

On Berlin jerseys, should the angled chest stripe start and finish in the same point or it was your choice to make it reverse? I mean, if it is higher on the right front should it be higher on the left back? ( Sorry for my poor way to express..)

By the way, I really like your Panthers set and the city flags are a clever and personal touch.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

13 hours ago, Pulv! said:

On Berlin jerseys, should the angled chest stripe start and finish in the same point or it was your choice to make it reverse? I mean, if it is higher on the right front should it be higher on the left back? ( Sorry for my poor way to express..)

By the way, I really like your Panthers set and the city flags are a clever and personal touch.

Thx for the feedback. And yes I meant the chest stripes like that. As the only point they touch is hidden under the arm I thought it would give the set a unique look.

On 5/25/2016 at 2:14 PM, jay_fs_designs said:

Hi all! As this is my first post on here I'd like to introduce myself first.

Some of you may know my instagram account or seen my concepts on HJC. I'm also part of the design group called "World of Jersey Concepts". 

Due to the lack of feedback on insta and HJC I decided to take my concepts here. So please don't hold back and give a lot of feedback.

As a German jersey designer it was only natural for me to do a DEL (German hockey league) redesign series. All the concepts are made with "Artweaver" and/or Photoshop CS2.

The main logos on the jerseys are all the original team logos. For some I designed alternate logos for 3rd jerseys. If so, it's stated on the concept. I also decided to add the same kind of detail to all jerseys: founding year on the back (where NHL jerseys have the "Reebok" wordmark) and a collar insert showing the original/partial/recoloured city crest of each teams hometown. I also decided to do all concepts without advertising patches. Only the current league patches.

So this was a lot of text. Let's start off with the first team - my fav and local team - Augsburger Panther. The secondary logo was used by the club a few decades ago and has been used for throwback jerseys a few times over the last years.

Jay S.aev2.png

I grew up in Augsburg, and was there when they transitioned to the Panther identity, so I've always had a soft spot for them. 

I love being able to see a "decluttered" take on the league. (Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen on-ice any time soon). 

My only two critiques are that the Panther gets a little lost in the black of the away (I believe DEL still does white at home), so maybe consider a slightly thicker border on the logo. Also, the throwback should have more cream, since that was a big staple of their color scheme back then, and it is what they currently use for the alt.

Other than that, it looks great, looking forward to more!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

21 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I grew up in Augsburg, and was there when they transitioned to the Panther identity, so I've always had a soft spot for them. 

I love being able to see a "decluttered" take on the league. (Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen on-ice any time soon). 

My only two critiques are that the Panther gets a little lost in the black of the away (I believe DEL still does white at home), so maybe consider a slightly thicker border on the logo. Also, the throwback should have more cream, since that was a big staple of their color scheme back then, and it is what they currently use for the alt.

Other than that, it looks great, looking forward to more!

what a coincidence :D did you watch many matches back then? I am going to about 10-15 per season.

About the jerseys: the DEL uses dark jerseys at home and light ones for away games by now. Can really tell when that switched but I think within the last 15 years. I agree a thicker outline for the logo would help the black jersey. I actually had the white parts cream coloured first on the alt but changed it as it didn't work out for me.

Thanks for your feedback :)

So here's the next team - Düsseldorfer EG. Again I decided to stick with the current colour scheme and give them a classic look for the 3rd jersey. I also used just the lion instead of the whole circle logo as it looks a lot better on the jerseys than the full logo imo.

All feedback appreciated.

deg2.png

I think these all look good, current logos being what they are for the majority of the league. No changes I'd make.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Home and away are awesome!!! Maybe just a thicker outline for the chest logo but for the rest you nailed it.

Third jersey is not working in my opinion. Striping is nice but colors are not working as they are now. You could try to take away light blue and to make the numbers gold inside or either try another way of matching the colors. The main problem is the gold trim, not enough contrast with blue and white as they are now.

For Hamburg I like your unis, nice striping again...

Dusseldorf: I do agree with you on placing just the lion on the jersey front, it looks good. On the away I would switch red with yellow in the numbers as yellow on white is nearly invisible. Third jersey is cool and retro. I suggest you to take away trims from all the names on the bacs and logos on the chest (not DEG though) as I think they will gain readability.

Sorry for the long post but I was trying to explain myself to give you the right feedback as I'm really enjoying this thread.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

5 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Home and away are awesome!!! Maybe just a thicker outline for the chest logo but for the rest you nailed it.

Third jersey is not working in my opinion. Striping is nice but colors are not working as they are now. You could try to take away light blue and to make the numbers gold inside or either try another way of matching the colors. The main problem is the gold trim, not enough contrast with blue and white as they are now.

For Hamburg I like your unis, nice striping again...

Dusseldorf: I do agree with you on placing just the lion on the jersey front, it looks good. On the away I would switch red with yellow in the numbers as yellow on white is nearly invisible. Third jersey is cool and retro. I suggest you to take away trims from all the names on the bacs and logos on the chest (not DEG though) as I think they will gain readability.

Sorry for the long post but I was trying to explain myself to give you the right feedback as I'm really enjoying this thread.

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'll get some updates based on all the feedback at a later point.

I really like the roosters, nice job. I would only eliminate the piping of the shoulder numbers on the home.

12 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

I'd love it if the third uni for Iserlohn had an ad for Gadhafi's book on it, like they had in the 80's.

Haha I ad totally forgotten about that. It was of course before my time but a big story back then. Iserlohn nearly lost theur license because of it..

2 hours ago, jay_fs_designs said:

Okay now on to the next team. Kölner Haie. Not much to say about this. Some of you might have seen the early version of this on Timberwolves Champions League series on here.. I made a few adjustments in the meantime.. Let's hear some feedback

IMG_20160409_170537.jpg

I like this set, my only real comment is that the bottom of the tail might benefit from bulking up the black outline, it doesn't stand out from the jersey, much.

Archived