Rugby league First Utility Super League redesign (whole league logos and jerseys)

Pulv!

As I'm a big rugby fan, I'll be presenting you my own version of the English First Utility Super League, a rugby league tournament with teams from Northen England and Southern France. 

Here below there is a short explanation of what rugby league is, if you already know it you can skip it :D

Rugby league is a quite popular game in Northen England, Southwest France, Australia and New Zealand, it is slightly different from Rugby Union as in a game there are 13 players instead of 15. It was originated in Northen England in 1895 as a split of rugby union  for problems over the issue of the payment of players. Nowadays it is a quite different sport from rugby union because of the smaller number of players and peculiar rules which resulting in a faster game with less rucks.

You can check the current teams' logos here (some of them are a bit out of date)

Here you have my attempt with a new league logo.

ENhDpT.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome the first team!

Widnes Vikings

Foundation year: 1875
Playing ground: Widnes Emerald Stronghold
Colors: carbon black, cloud white
Main sponsor: Emerald Kalama Chemical
Second sponsor: The Yoga Bank
Logo: two interlocking viking hulls creating a W and a V and hinting an oval rugby ball
Home and away unis: really tradtional ones except for the viking carving sublimated pattern on shorts and bottom jerseys.
Playoffs uni: this is  a fauxback to remind all the years of history of Widnes Rugby League Football Club.

Nicknames: Chemics, Vikings

M9Mlny.png

6ZseMT.png

E40mEr.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

C&C very appreciated!

I'm not a huge fan too, but, I like a lot this sport. Rugby is more attractive for me in European style than Aussie/NZL rules... Great job with the logo for Vikings. Good series. Keep going!

Thanks forthe feedback!

Way better IMO with black shoulders...

m4Wj39.png

Wigan Warriors

Foundation year: 1872

Playing ground: Wigan City Manor Field

Colors: deep sea blue, brick red, cloud white

Main sponsor: Girobank

Second sponsor: JJB Sports

Logo: a castle with three towers creating a W inside a shield

Home and away unis: Hoops are an important part of this club identity, so they went with hoops in both jerseys, but with different layouts.

Playoffs uni: it is an homage to the evergreen good old white hooped jersey the team wore from its foundation on.

Nicknames: Warriors, Riversiders, Colliers

Motto: Ancient and Loyal

BxKTEH.png

XppzlJ.png

9kR78E.png

Nice to see some RL on here. Black sleeves definitely worked better for the Widnes away strip. Wigan's home strip doesn't sit right with me with Navy shorts, should be red or white in my opinion. Away kit works well with inversion of colours. Good work so far, looking forward to your design for Leeds Rhinos!

Here you have the home with red shorts, though I still prefer the one with clash colors...QB1PrY.png

let me know what you think!

Hull Kingston Rovers

Foundation year: 1882

Playing ground: "the Nest" Harbour Field

Colors: robin red, feathers grey, cloud white

Main sponsor: Associated British Ports

Second sponsor: The Deep aquarium

Logo: a robin standing on a rugby ball

Home and away unis: they are called robins because of the big red stripe on the home jersey, home and away feature shoulder wings.

Playoffs uni: it represents the pride of being the only city in the league by the North Sea.

Nicknames: Robins, Rovers

83zA60.png

VInvuY.png

QSiVq4.png

4 hours ago, FORTTE said:

Kit of Rovers is amazing. I like the third kit, with this V. Good job.

Thanks! If I where not sticking with my own rule of staying with the actual team colors, those blues would have been my first choice for one of the two teams in Hull.

Hull F.C.

Foundation year: 1865

Playing ground: P&O Airlie Stadium

Colors: coal black, crown gold, cloud white

Main sponsor: P&O Ferries

Second sponsor: Hull and Humber chamber of commerce

Logo: three crowns on a shield from the city coat of arms

Home and away unis: white and black are traditional colors and their away uni in last years has featured different shades of blue to hint to the North Sea.

Playoffs uni: throwback jersey to remind the first jersey they sported in 1865

Nicknames: Airlie Birds, Black and Whites, the Cream

ALOATW.png

Op19RG.png

ZYWyRp.png

Castleford Tigers

Foundation year: 1926

Playing ground: Castleford Community Field

Colors: coal black, amber orange, cloud white

Main sponsor: Snowzone

Second sponsor: Ridings FM

Logo: a roaring tiger

Home and away unis: tiger striping is a main feature of Castelford's unis

Playoffs uni: Fauxback jersey to add a feel of good old Tigers look

Nicknames: Glassblowers, Tigers, The Black and Ambers, Classy Cas

wVmHm7.png

MGqRsa.png

K0ZQS1.png

Any C&C about this last two concepts?

St. Helens RFC

Foundation year: 1873

Playing ground: Pilkington Rugby Arena

Colors: saints red, cloud white

Main sponsor: Pilkington Glass

Second sponsor: Ravenhead Glass

Logo: a red vee on a white shield with interlocking H and S

Home and away unis: the red vee is a must for the home uni, away is just a modern kit

Playoffs uni: throwback of their first jersey back in 1873

Nicknames: Saints

P170MR.png

U1fpq7.png

dIIvuH.png

These are all pretty good, but the Tigers Away seems to me to be set up wrong or just to much white.

Either make the shorts black or the white part of the arms black...... i wouldn't have minded seeing an orange jersey with a little black also.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived