MLB Cap Concepts

raysox

I'm in a 6 person group chat with some great designers my age. When one of us high jacks a conversation to talk New Era fitted caps/snap backs, we call it #hatchat.

So you might remember a template I made where I traced the New Era cap on their website. Well, that was on Inkscape. Since then, I've moved on to Illustrator, which uses layers like Photoshop. Recently, I updated my template to make it Illustrator friendly.

First, I got a Rays cap from the 2016 MLB All-Star Game with the heather pattern and star buttons. Here is me playing with the template on some old brands.

Marlins%2BTeal%2BASG-01.png

Expos%2BASG-01.png

I also cataloged my caps on a new twitter header for myself.

Caps%2BHeader-01.png

Finally, I made a list of teams with the worst branding in the MLB. The Mariners and Indians were 2 of the top 3. Here is my quick rebrands that I want to turn into a full rebrand.

Indians2016-01.png

Indians2016-01.png

Mariners2016-01.png

Mariners2016-01.png

Nah, not yet. To clarify, I think the White Sox brand could be simplified. I feel like the logo has too many outlines on the jersey, then the road uniform doesn't match anything on the home set. Also they should wear stirrups with actual white socks. I did make this pullover the other day.

CoGluu3WcAA4hlk.jpg 

Archived