Philadelphia Flyers 50th Anniversary Concept

OhioSportsMan61

In a few weeks, the Flyers will unveil their 50th anniversary uniforms. Not much is known about what they will look like, but the team has released two teaser images (that don't exactly show much...)

Teaser 1:

0626-phi50th-teaser_zpsktbpushp.png

What we know:

-There is a black collar

-Jersey looks to be predominantly orange

-Not a normal Reebok styled yoke

-50th Anniversary logo rests on the right shoulder, other shoulder is logo-less

Teaser 2:

0626-phi50th-teaser-detail_zps5m8cqdrb.p

What we know:

-Mostly the same as above, BUT! There is some white on the upper part of the sleeve

What could this second teaser mean? Is the jersey going to be predominately white? I hope not. But also, if the Flyers were going to honor their history, wouldn't they want to draw inspiration from a uniform that they have worn in the past? I sure hope so, as they have never worn a white jersey with orange shoulders. The team's uniform history has been relatively stable and simple, plus they currently wear their original threads. Here is my guess for what they are planning on unveiling....

PHIAnnFull_zpsybrbriug.png

A modern version of their chrome jerseys! Just basing off of the teasers, the body and yoke is orange (with Reebok's over-sized yoke style), with the arms predominately white with the same type of design found on their early 2000's alternate jersey. To go along with the theme of their 50th anniversary, I swapped out the silver for the bronze that is found in their anniversary logo.

What do you guys think? Is this anything close to what you imagine them unveiling? C&C always appreciated (also, I'm trying out some new gear templates so let me know what you think of those, too.)

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

That looks absolutely spectacular.  The metallic outline looks worlds better without that needless 'bevel' effect and the gold or bronze really compliments the orange nicely.  I hope this is what they go with.  This is worlds better than their current alternate with the forced vintage white.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

That looks absolutely spectacular.  The metallic outline looks worlds better without that needless 'bevel' effect and the gold or bronze really compliments the orange nicely.  I hope this is what they go with.  This is worlds better than their current alternate with the forced vintage white.

Thanks Morgo!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

This is perfect....

1st off, I was never a fan of these. I always thought they felt like practice jerseys with a goofy logo. However, this is a great way to update it. The little bits of bronze are also a very nice touch. I will admit that if this or something close is what they do unveil, I'll be happy with it. Great work!

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived