Mini-NHL jerseys & Trophies

KCScout76

I took my daughter to Lunch at MickyD's (McDonalds with the golden arches), in one of the display cases (usually a local college or one of the 5 area high schools have a display) they had a display of plastic, very realistic mini-NHL award trophies. I believe there were 5 of them, the Stanley Cup, Venzia Trophy, Norris, etc.. Surrounding the trophies were these mini replica (logos were stitched/sewn on) Hockey Jerseys - the jerseys were about the size of your hand (average hand size).

The manager did not know where the came from - did McDonald's promote the NHL like this during the past year(s)????? :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I bought a set of those from a guy up Canada. And I've seen the jerseys on eBay. My se had 6 trophies (SC, Hart, Norris, Vezina, Conn Smyth,).

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Ok folks were up to 6 trophies - way too cool. I have never seen these, I would like to get my hands on a Devils Jersey & the trophies - remember I'm on a teacher's salary. :D

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Teachers Salary: check e-Bay for the jersey and when my other computer gets fixed I'll go thru my old e-mails and find the guy so you can see if he has anymore. If I remeber corrctly they were $40 USD

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Being a McDonald's weekend worker, I can tell you in Canada we sold the 6 major trophies & a stand, as well as some player mini-jerseys over the past year. They're very cool. In fact, here's my collection.

Jam237.jpg

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

We get something hockey realted offered every year by MacDonald's--it's the only reason I willingly go into one---however the Stanley Cups sold out very quickly--and I missed them...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I own the six trophies. For comparison sake, the mini Stanley Cups that came with the Labatt's beer in Canada are about two inches shorter than the McDonald's Stanley Cup. They are very cool trophies and you buy a display for them too.

For last year's McDonald's jersey promotion, there were only eight NHL player jerseys and they were of the following players:

Jarome Iginla, Daniel Alfreddson, Saku Koivu, Mats Sundin, Joe Sakic and Steve Yzerman, Marcus Naslund and Ryan Smyth.

They were basically silk sheets folded and sewn and sublimated in team colors and logos. Still neat though.

I found a complete set on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

There are though, other cloth NHL jerseys that you buy in stores if you look hard enough. They have sewn on logos (although some look really bad) and come in all NHL teams. They are easier to find on eBay. The only two I ever say personally were the Senators and the Rangers (and they got the should stripes wrong on it. I am not sure if they come in dark colored jerseys or not. All the ones I've seen are white. I'm pretty sure http://www.rivercitysports.com sells them.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

THAT'S IT - why KC McDonald's is now displaying them (it's 88 degrees in KC),

You got me - could be they are promoting the big TAX vote for the new downtown Kansas City Arena. We vote Tuesday.

Anyway - thanks to everyone for your help. Too bad they only made 8 jerseys, but they were cool looking. :D

Well I have meadllions of for the Cnadian Olympics team from Nagano...

with players stamped on one side...

One year with a large Slurpee 7-11 gave away a credit card sized plastic card--one for each team, and a Stanley Cup one...

The team cards had 2 players on them...

(I got a full set, and many extras for most teams--I drank a lot of Slurpees in those days...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There was also the Labatt Blue mini Stanley Cups with every team right? I'm still trying to find someone who has a Sharks one, because I'm hoping whenever the season starts again, they might be able to hoist it high.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Here in Buffalo, I got mine from a Ft. Erie McDonald's. $30.00 total(CDN) $4.50 per trophy, $3.00 stand were the prices if I remember correctly.

This further illustrates the bad marketting of the NHL. That, and the NHL paint samples at canadian Home Depot's only.

Archived