HS Eagle Concept

FFWally

7 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

And as for its position on a helmet, have you tried (according to the helmet view above) rotating it clockwise slightly and bringing it down and towards the back a bit? I think that would help with some of the attachments and snaps

I can agree with this. I feel like that it's too close to the "edge" of the helmet (if you get what I mean). Just some slight adjustments need to be made there. In terms of the logo itself, the updates have really made it look a LOT better. I'll leave it to the experts to give you the nitpicks, but you get a thumbs up from me!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

2 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

I personally like the last one, with the gray and red. Has the school approved the colors and the actual logo yet? If not, I would maybe propose that last one to them. Really like it.

The school is Vegas Gold and Purple. So as for colors, the Grey and Red is a no go. I wanted to share with some friends without giving away the school I am working with, so I did the graphics in Philly colors and Eastern Washington University colors. 

As for approving. SMDH

So the Head Football Coach, and Head track Coach love the 3/4 look, and the upgrades that came from feedback on here.

The Superintendent said, it was "ok". He prefers his Philadelphia Eagles logo (spent a lot of money on banners) this one is not fierce enough...and he dislikes the 3/4 view. 

So Football and Track are going with the new one... amazingly there is a plethora of schools here with multiple logos (we had 11) and no continuity in colors. 

Vegas Gold for Football, Athletic Gold for Basketball, Old Gold for Baseball... no single font, just a free for all.

Its crazy!

That's sad.. It may be worth talking to the superintendent again (perhaps with the head football coach), and suggesting a "phase-in" plan.. It sounds like his wallet is currently doing some of his thinking.. If you can show a sort of consensus and proof of universal support for your logo, it may be as simple as "everything is grandfathered in until it needs to be replaced; at which time, it must be replaced with the new logo"

I don't think it's so much they don't understand the power of a brand, it is just their budget is limited.  Not only do they have to purchase the logo, signage, uniforms, fields,etc all have to be changed to fit the new look.  In this day and age, not a lot of money is going into education, especially for branding.

On 1/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, coach4fu said:

I don't think it's so much they don't understand the power of a brand, it is just their budget is limited.  Not only do they have to purchase the logo, signage, uniforms, fields,etc all have to be changed to fit the new look.  In this day and age, not a lot of money is going into education, especially for branding.

Well, Field is simple, they don't have a turf field with branding. Uniforms can be phased in over a 3-4 year period.

Its a powerhouse program in a smaller classification, and people in the area would purchase a lot of fanwear. 

I'm just annoyed by the bit about your logo not being "fierce enough." There's this strange fascination that people have with sports logos requiring the look of aggression when that's just plain bull. 

Midway.png

On 1/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, FFWally said:

OK still a few issues, but think this worked out most of the issues

Fixes.png

Ok, so here is my 2 cents.

1:  I think you should let go of the feather tuft... there I said it. Eliminating that would open the shape up to be more balanced. As it stands now, it looks as if it will fall over forward. Have the outside of the eagle extend to the left from where the end of the tuft is now, this will give the look a little forward motion as well. Here are some examples (I understand that they are "hawks", these are just for structure).

4.png9612_utah_utes-mascot-2010.png

2:  Your reference is a golden eagle and it seems you are making a bald eagle. I know it seems like "the only difference is color" but it's not, there are structural differences. Among them the "visual weight of the beak." the golden's beak appears smaller then the bald's because the bald's is a near solid color. Another would be that the bald's eyes appear more intense than the golden's. In 3/4 view the golden's can seem even smaller; to adjust this try making the beak a little bigger than your reference or use one of the refence image  Ihave attched.

w.jpgz.jpg

x.jpgy.jpg

I think you have all the parts, but I think you may have relied too heavily on a single reference source. The more refeence materials you have, the better everything melts together to make something new and better.

Also, the Sup's dislike of the 3/4 view is ridiculous... the Phila Eagle is in 3/4 view.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, hettinger_rl said:

Ok, so here is my 2 cents.

1:  I think you should let go of the feather tuft... there I said it. Eliminating that would open the shape up to be more balanced. As it stands now, it looks as if it will fall over forward. Have the outside of the eagle extend to the left from where the end of the tuft is now, this will give the look a little forward motion as well. Here are some examples (I understand that they are "hawks", these are just for structure).

4.png9612_utah_utes-mascot-2010.png

2:  Your reference is a golden eagle and it seems you are making a bald eagle. I know it seems like "the only difference is color" but it's not, there are structural differences. Among them the "visual weight of the beak." the golden's beak appears smaller then the bald's because the bald's is a near solid color. Another would be that the bald's eyes appear more intense than the golden's. In 3/4 view the golden's can seem even smaller; to adjust this try making the beak a little bigger than your reference or use one of the refence image  Ihave attched.

w.jpgz.jpg

x.jpgy.jpg

I think you have all the parts, but I think you may have relied too heavily on a single reference source. The more refeence materials you have, the better everything melts together to make something new and better.

Also, the Sup's dislike of the 3/4 view is ridiculous... the Phila Eagle is in 3/4 view.

Now that is comprehensive! I have stepped away for a week to let it get out of my head, and allow me to return and adjust a few things without the initial focus that may have been too focused. Thanks for the new ref materials.

Archived