Records that will NEVER be broken

jrodsep

I was over ESPN page and noticed that they are doing the top 25 records of the last 25 years tonight. And it got me thinking of the records (individual player records not teams) that may never fall.

NBA:

- 100 point game (W. Chamberlain)

MLB:

- All time hit record (P.Rose)

- 7 no-hitters (N. Ryan)

- All time RBI record (H. Aaron)

- All time Strikeout Record (N. Ryan)

NFL

- All time TD record (J. Rice)

- Single game sack record (D. Thomas R.I.P.)

NHL

- Single Season Scoring Record (W. Gretzky)

- Single Season Goal Record (W. Gretzky)

Which other record do u guys consider unbreakable???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was over ESPN page and noticed that they are doing the top 25 records of the last 25 years tonight. And it got me thinking of the records (individual player records not teams) that may never fall.

NBA:

MLB:

- 7 no-hitters (N. Ryan)

NFL

NHL

The only thing I could think to add to the list is DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak. I personally think that can never be broken. It may not be as hard as the 100 pts. in one game, :P , but I still think it isn't breakable.

Yea Joe D. streak

Johnny U's touchdown streak

I would say Cal's because if a player goes over a year with out sitting the manager would probably sit him down for a game. It still amazes me how Cal early in the streak didn't get sat down for one game.

I think the All-time hit record, the rbi record and the strikout record will all be broken. If a player can stick around long enough (and with today's training it's possible) those records could easily be broken.

I would put my money on the Hit streak, hits record, RBI record and Win record.

why?

The hit streak a pitcher can walk a guy all of his plate apperances and thus ending his streak. The Hits record it's difficult for a player to hit 3000 imagine hitting over 4000 hits. Now the 2 records in my opinon that may never be broken are the RBI and Wins.

The RBI record is so difficult cuz a player can have 3 hits in a game and go without an RBI. And with the wins record it's more impossible just look at Maddux. He is what 38? and he would need to win 200 more games just to get to 500.

NHL

Almost all of Gretzky's records will stand.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

NBA:

MLB:

- 7 no-hitters (N. Ryan)

NFL

NHL

The only thing I could think to add to the list is DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak. I personally think that can never be broken. It may not be as hard as the 100 pts. in one game, :P , but I still think it won't be breakable.

Both are things that have only been done once, professionally. I think guys have scored over 100 in HS games, might be wrong. But, more guys have come closer to 100 points than 56 games.

But to go out 56 games in a row and produce, now that's impressive.

semperfi.gif

Cy Young's 511 wins are safe. Not many starters get 500 starts, 16 years of 32 starts, and you'd have to win them all.

semperfi.gif

I would put my money on the Hit streak, hits record, RBI record and Win record.

why?

The hit streak a pitcher can walk a guy all of his plate apperances and thus ending his streak. The Hits record it's difficult for a player to hit 3000 imagine hitting over 4000 hits. Now the 2 records in my opinon that may never be broken are the RBI and Wins.

The RBI record is so difficult cuz a player can have 3 hits in a game and go without an RBI. And with the wins record it's more impossible just look at Maddux. He is what 38? and he would need to win 200 more games just to get to 500.

I think if a player doesn't have an official ab (he wouldn't if he was walked every time at the plate) then the streak wouldn't end.

I think the hit record will be broken. Players are playing longer now a days, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a guy like Pete Rose just play on into their 40's and break the record.

I'm pretty sure that Paul Hournung (good ol' boy mentality and all :cursing:) is safe in the NFL record book with the 176 points he scored in 1960. That was before teams employed a full-time kicker.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The hit streak a pitcher can walk a guy all of his plate apperances and thus ending his streak.

Actually I'm not sure but I think that their is a rule that states if a player does not get an official at bat in a game it does not count against the hit streak. I may be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere.

The 56 game hitting streak and Cy Young's win/loss record are no doubt safe,and I wouldnt mind seeing baseball adopt a "modern era" record for career wins,since starting pitchers would pitch three times in a week in Young's day.Nolan's 7 no hitters are safe I have to think.I mean c'mon....THREE in a career is amazing and look at the great pitchers who've never thrown one!Pete Rose's hit record COULD fall in my mind.Look at Ichiro.If he would have played his whole career in the states he would be on a blistering pace right now,that being said I dont even think he is close to 1000 yet in his 4th season in the majors.

ALL of Gretzky's records will no doubt stand,as I'm likely sure Scotty Bowman's cup record will as well.I dont know if we'll ever see an NHL team win 60 in a season again either.

Wilt's 100 point game and the Big O's triple-double season,never will be touched.

Also 72 wins I dont think will be beaten,maybe matched though.

17-0 in a season COULD happen,but doubtful.New England is the one team with the pieced in place to pull that off and I still say no chance.575 passing yards in a game is certainly possible but doubtful,as is 300 rushing yards as coaches will stack the line to stop the run if a runner ever comes close.Another unheard of record is Lester Hayes' 14 INT's in one season,also likely to never fall as his was aided by the use of stickum,since outlawed by the NFL.

98Falcons.png

By MLB rules, a player does not lose his hit streak if he does not receive an official at bat UNLESS he has a sacrifice fly and no hit.

Just for the record.

Can I also nominate that no one's going to break the single-season strikeout record of 383 either?

LvZYtbZ.png

I would like to see somebody break Fernando Tatis' record of two grand slam HR's in one inning. For somebody to get three would be difficult.

I'd also like to see somebody break Johnny VanDemeers record of consecuitve no-hitters. He has 2. Be great to see somebody go into the 7th inning of the third game with a couple of no-no's already in the books.

I would like to see somebody break Fernando Tatis' record of two grand slam HR's in one inning. For somebody to get three would be difficult.

I think Tatis's record will stay. I doubt one guy could get 12 RBI in one inning.

Archived