Records that will NEVER be broken

jrodsep

Also, I'd like to see somebody break Wilt Chamberlain's record for Average Minutes Per Game in a Season.

An NBA game is 48 minutes. Wilt's record for Average Minutes Per Game is 48.5 set in the 1962 season. Do you know what that means?

Who's going to play every minute of every game in an NBA season - plus overtime?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cricket

Brian Lara, of the West Indies,who had a 13 HOUR inning and scored over 400 runs against England back in April.

Now that is dominance.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I am sure that one day Lara's record will go! Given the right conditions and the right opponent its quite easy to see it happen. His 501 as the highest first class score is a little safer. Unless someone scores very quickly its difficult to imagine someone being given the time to score that many runs.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

How about Éric Gagné? 84 consecutive saves!! Almost 30 more than the previous record... That may take a while before it is beaten.

In the NHL, Hall's streak may last forever... And Gretzky's records for most points, most assists and most goals may stand for a while too...

Oh, and Bettman trying to sell hockey to empty arenas is a "record" that will hopefully not be beaten by any other commissioner... :P

Keep it canadian!! :flagcanada:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

the coolest part was he was a batter away from coming up again in that inning with the bases loaded. They were talking about it on the Cardinals game last night. Also mentioned was the last guy to hit 4 HRs in a game for the cardinals....Mark(?) Witt. WTF is he doing now????

Also, I'd like to see somebody break Wilt Chamberlain's record for Average Minutes Per Game in a Season.

An NBA game is 48 minutes. Wilt's record for Average Minutes Per Game is 48.5 set in the 1962 season. Do you know what that means?

Who's going to play every minute of every game in an NBA season - plus overtime?

If Wilt is to be believed, there's another impressive record out there which he holds that would be awfully difficult for the mortal man to break. No wonder his poor heart gave out.

I don't think anybody will break Joel Youngbloods record of 2, by playing for three different teams in one day.

Joel also may hold the record for having a hit with the most different teams in one day when he got one for both the Mets and the Expos.

Gonna be hard to beat now-a-days.

I don't think anybody will break Joel Youngbloods record of 2,  by playing for three different teams in one day.

Joel also may hold the record for having a hit with the most different teams in one day when he got one for both the Mets and the Expos.

Actually, he only played for 2 teams, not 3. Just clarifying.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I don't think anybody will break Joel Youngbloods record of 2, by playing for three different teams in one day.

That's what I said I think. Nobody will beat his record of 2 - by playing in three.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cricket

Brian Lara, of the West Indies,who had a 13 HOUR inning and scored over 400 runs against England back in April.

Now that is dominance.

...13 hour innings?

...400 runs?

I'm gonna watch cricket more often now

had the Nomar trade gone through, mencavicha;lkja;flkdja;f might have played for 2. They were playing each other. Now, could he have entered the red sox lineup midway through the game after playing for the opposing team? I wonder...cause if you're traded away, you can't play, but what if your traded to?

perplexing...but I'm sure someone knows for sure...

I think there's another record Will has that no one will break...and the number's 20K.

That's what I said I think. Nobody will beat his record of 2 - by playing in three.

Sorry for the confusion.

It didn't seem to me like that's what you said... Let's break this sentence down:

"I don't think anybody will break Joel Youngbloods record of 2, by playing for three different teams in one day."

I'll skip the missing apostrophe...

"record of 2" what? You didn't specify.

"playing for three different teams in one day"... That's false. Joel Youngblood played for TWO teams on August 4, 1982: the Mets (in a day game against the Cubs at Wrigley) and the Expos (in a night game against the Phillies at the Vet).

Again, just trying to clear it up. And props for bringing up the legend of Joel Youngblood on the anniversary of the day it happened.

ETA: Actually, Youngblood is not the only person to play for two teams on the same day, but he is the only person to get a hit for two teams in two cities on the same day.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I think there's another record Will has that no one will break...and the number's 20K.

Hence my comment 10 posts up.

Wilt the Stilt, indeed. Wilt the Stilt indeed.

Hence my comment 10 posts up.

Wilt the Stilt, indeed. Wilt the Stilt indeed.

My bad. :wacko:

How about the actual number of records that Wilt holds?

I think Bob Costas pointed it out. The NBA record book reads...

Wilt Chamberlain

Wilt Chamberlain

Wilt Chamberlain

Pete Maravich

Wilt Chamberlain

Wilt Chamberlain

Wilt Chamberlain

Michael Jordan

...and so on.

I could see Gale Sayers' 6 TD's in a game being tied, but not broken.

Brett Favre's consecutive starts for a QB is just plain uncanny. Especially when you consider how often QB's are hit and don't see it coming.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived