Winter Classic Concept

ldconcepts

With the murky home/road situation for this year's Winter Classic, I decided it would be a perfect time to try a colour vs. colour matchup, the Buffalo Sabres in gold and the New York Rangers in the shade of navy used in the logos they released yesterday. I used Reebok's vintage wool collar on the Adidas template.

For the Sabres, I modelled the design after their original sock striping. I inverted the colours and added white accents, and used a white version of the new Buffalo logo. To uncluster the design, I removed a stripe set from the hem and moved the numbers to the shoulders. Like the 2016 Bruins, I only used the NY logo on the helmet.

For the Rangers, I decided to use their classic three-stripe pattern from the 80s and 90s. I used straight, simple lettering on the back, and the white version of the new NY logo. I simplified the pant striping while keeping it red, and put the Winter Classic logo on the chest to match the Sabres jersey.

Winter+Classic+2018+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

18 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I love this, but I’m pretty sure that the Rangers are required to wear a light uniform because of said “murky home situation” so is there a way we can a white version of the Rangers uniform?

I'm not sure if that's the case, but here's a white version anyway.

Winter+Classic+2018+Concept2.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Second version is really nice, as is the first. I would say something about the thinness of the Sabres' striping, but it fits the early 1900s theme perfectly.

Do you have a .png version of the Sabre's logo you could PM to me? I can't find it anywhere.

Archived