Dallas Mavericks City Inspired Jerseys

synged

While I found the new Mavericks jersey okay in terms of design, like many fans, I was a little underwhelmed. So, I went ahead and did a quick little edit to what I think could be a decent base set for Dallas after they retire their longstanding uniforms. I know the "S" is a little wonky, but I took into account some complaints I've noticed with the original city jersey. I changed the green to something a little closer to the original used in the 80s, and went with the full "DALLAS" instead of the abbreviated "DAL". 

Let me know what you think! I'm sure there's some fixes I could make but for now, this is a pretty good idea for what I think the Mavs could do in the future.

rZcPGJv.png

Much, much better...but that still doesn't solve the biggest problem.

The font is the worst I've ever seen on a jersey. It's like someone tried to create-a-team in NBA 2K and forgot to pick a new font for the jersey.

If you find a better font for these, they'll be golden.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Replace the black jersey with blue, and there aren't really any other changes that could be made without kind of melting and distorting the original idea.  But it isn't terrible.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

I'm surprised how much better the full 'DALLAS' wordmark looks. The original design doesn't merit the full set treatment for me, but these look solid. I think a more unique typeface as well as tweaking the shades of blue and green could make this the foundation of a nice set for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived