Well...Kudos to NHL Seattle for going with the big, bold, nautical "Kraken"...

And congratulations to Adidas for nailing a rather tricky identity. Very nicely done!👍👍

So, with the name-game done...it's time to steer this barge of a thread into its final port.

I'll post up the final renderings that I had for the top names, and then, call 'er a day.🙂

Evergreens

I ended up with a super-simple, traditional die-cut felt logo for the home & aways, and a script font word mark on a "plaid-cut" alt...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stellar work as always Sparky.  I love what Seattle did with their Kraken identity but your jerseys look fantastic as well.  The alternate in particular looks less like a jersey design and more like a work of art.  Here's my top 5 of this recent batch:

1: Kraken Alternate
2: Sockeyes Home

3: Sea Lions Home
4: Kraken Home
5: Totems Home

Guest darkpiranha

Welcome back!  I love every one of your Seattle concepts, and love each tweak you do, but I agree that it's time to conquer some other city!  

That said, I love the Guardians identity and Iceland.  I've long desired a pro entity to embrace a multi-faceted identity to where certain identities would only be used in, say, road games, or others in divisional games.  The Iceland/Guardians format is the most thrilling realization of this vague idea I've had.  

And I absolutely love the Sirens.  That's an astounding iteration of the Kraken logo, feminizing it ever so slightly, but still making it as fierce and menacing as the boys' logo.  

Anyway, once again welcome back, and I cannot wait to see what you tackle next.  

8 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Stellar work as always Sparky.  I love what Seattle did with their Kraken identity but your jerseys look fantastic as well.  The alternate in particular looks less like a jersey design and more like a work of art.  Here's my top 5 of this recent batch:

1: Kraken Alternate
2: Sockeyes Home

3: Sea Lions Home
4: Kraken Home
5: Totems Home

Thanks Morgan...Yeah, this stuff is fun, as you well know. Keep up the great work in your threads 👍.

And you're right...Adidas knocked it outta the park, IMO.

7 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Welcome back!  I love every one of your Seattle concepts, and love each tweak you do, but I agree that it's time to conquer some other city!  

That said, I love the Guardians identity and Iceland.  I've long desired a pro entity to embrace a multi-faceted identity to where certain identities would only be used in, say, road games, or others in divisional games.  The Iceland/Guardians format is the most thrilling realization of this vague idea I've had.  

And I absolutely love the Sirens.  That's an astounding iteration of the Kraken logo, feminizing it ever so slightly, but still making it as fierce and menacing as the boys' logo.  

Anyway, once again welcome back, and I cannot wait to see what you tackle next.  

darkp...Thanks so much for your involvement & comments in the Battle.

The Iceland branding was stellar, and, I thought the Kraken intro video may have been inspired by the Iceland model. They had the same feel to them.

I didn't explore the Guardians concept too much. Seattle released its name decision shortly after I did it up...

But I had the same thought as you...each component could have its own identity...I was thinking practice jerseys...A Kraken line, A Sasquatch line, etc.

Anyway, thanks again dp.

Well... The Battle of Seattle started way back in Jan. 2018 with 9 "teams"...

spacer.png

...And finishes up, over 2 1/2 years later, with over a dozen concepts and 60+ primary, secondary, and promotional logos...

spacer.png

Thanks so much to all who have dropped by to visit. I've enjoyed your company.👍

Take care out there, eh!

sparky

Stellar series.  It's impressive how many professional-looking logos you managed to create and its especially cool seeing them all together in that final graphic.  Another thing that jumped out at me was the way you chose the colour palette for one of the Kraken concepts from oxidized copper.  Its a cool little detail that adds some dimension to the concept.  I hope this isn't the last series we see from you on here :).

Archived