The brown swirls on the red body of the fish blend in. Is that intended not to stand out (similar to the golden nights swirls on their jersey?) or would it look better with a color that contrasts more? 

Excellent!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The brown swirls on the red body of the fish blend in. Is that intended not to stand out (similar to the golden nights swirls on their jersey?) or would it look better with a color that contrasts more? 

Thanks K...yeah, I tried the swirls with a contrasting colour, and it seemed a little much, so yes, I thought on a larger application, the swirls would add a little texture (like the Knights). On a smaller size (biz card?) I don't think that I'd have the swirls at all. Actually, I'll do up a contrast version (over the next day or two) and show you what it looks like.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:19 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Here ya go, K...I tried a few colour variations...

spacer.png

3 definitely. If you get a minute, just for giggles, what would it look like without the blank spaces inside the mouth. Right now, especially considering the background, it kinda looks like he’s chewing on something. Just having white there would make it flow a little better IMO

On 6/6/2019 at 11:17 AM, Whittier S said:

I like it better high-contrast, so both 3 and 4 for me.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:23 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Definitely not one, 2 is fine, 3 and 4 both work well.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, HRC4 said:

3 then 4

On 6/6/2019 at 6:14 PM, darkpiranha said:

3, then 4.

Thankyou for the feedback, guys...You're right...the green-ish mouth looks better, as does the higher contrast on the body.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:08 AM, deadinthewater said:

I'm sad that one of the sea lion / seal / fathom concepts didn't make it to your final 4.   But I love the hoody with the plaid sleeves.   That's such an awesome idea.

Thanks ditw...The "SeaLions" and "Fathom"names didn't seem to be being considered (although I liked both of them), so I slid the logos over to the "Pilots" concept.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Midwest_surfer said:

3 definitely. If you get a minute, just for giggles, what would it look like without the blank spaces inside the mouth. Right now, especially considering the background, it kinda looks like he’s chewing on something. Just having white there would make it flow a little better IMO

I'll give that a shot, Midwest...thanks.

O.K....back to the "Final Four"...

spacer.png

#2 The Seattle Evergreens

...Not the most aggressive, intimidating name, but I think that "Evergreens" has a ton of potential.

"Evergreens" best accommodates a crisp, green & white colour scheme and best references the rustic, natural setting of the Seattle region.

For the 'Greens, I've come up with 5 logos...

2 contemporary tree-letter logos...2 traditional, old-school script marks...a basic triangular "E", plaid logo...and a cartoony squirrel "S" logo...

spacer.png

The regular home-and-aways are clean, green & white. The 3 stripes are a nod to the 3 horizontal bars on "E"...the large E-plaid logo on the pants bring in the touch of tartan...

spacer.png

The Alts go full-on plaid with a unique "plaid-cut" pattern that uses traditional seam lines, and the right arrangement of colours to give the plaid look...

spacer.png

With "Evergreens"...Definitely take a page from the CFL's RedBlacks, and pull in the lumberjack plaid element.

It absolutely suits Seattle, and offers the fans a great, fun way to participate in the team's look...

spacer.png

Hi Sparky - might we see the Sockeyes concept in the colors of the Seattle NHL site?  I know your hue of salmon red is more authentic but curious what their more pinkish salmon and lighter seafoam would look like on the fish.

5f6c93fd5dfd2cbfc9bd902b5406cb0b.png

On 6/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Midwest_surfer said:

On 6/11/2019 at 11:46 AM, BKarchitect said:

Hi Sparky - might we see the Sockeyes concept in the colors of the Seattle NHL site?  I know your hue of salmon red is more authentic but curious what their more pinkish salmon and lighter seafoam would look like on the fish.

5f6c93fd5dfd2cbfc9bd902b5406cb0b.png

Here you go, BK...I got the colours close...(they're hard for me to get spot on)...

Also, Midwest...I took the bits out of the Sockeye's mouth in this post...looks better!...Thanks...

spacer.png

20 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Here you go, BK...I got the colours close...(they're hard for me to get spot on)...

Also, Midwest...I took the bits out of the Sockeye's mouth in this post...looks better!...Thanks...

spacer.png

I think that looks pretty fresh!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 1:11 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

spacer.png

This design, from head to toe, is pure money!!!!   I would buy that jersey for sure, and I love the 2ndary mark. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 9:44 PM, Eastport76 said:

umm..you skipped number three, The Pilots..

Thank you, Eastport !!!...I completely skipped it by mistake....I'll add it now.👍

On 6/30/2019 at 12:20 AM, Black Dragon said:

Are you going to an AHL concept 

I'll see Black Dragon, but I don't think I'll get the time.

#3...Seattle Pilots

The "Pilots" monicker usually refers to an aviation theme, but for Seattle, I've gone with the nautical slant.

Puget Sound pilots guide the big boats in & out of the tricky Sound waters.

It seemed that the "Sea Lions" name wasn't getting a lot of traction, but I liked the logos, so I added them to an updated "Pilots" logo from the old baseball team.

Logos and uniforms are in a Pacific Blue-Green/Gold/Black palette...

Home & Aways...

spacer.png

Home & Away Alts...

spacer.png

The 3 logos offer up a lot of possibilities...

spacer.png 

6 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Thank you, Eastport !!!...I completely skipped it by mistake....I'll add it now.👍

I'll see Black Dragon, but I don't think I'll get the time.

#3...Seattle Pilots

The "Pilots" monicker usually refers to an aviation theme, but for Seattle, I've gone with the nautical slant.

Puget Sound pilots guide the big boats in & out of the tricky Sound waters.

It seemed that the "Sea Lions" name wasn't getting a lot of traction, but I liked the logos, so I added them to an updated "Pilots" logo from the old baseball team.

Logos and uniforms are in a Pacific Blue-Green/Gold/Black palette...

Home & Aways...

spacer.png

Home & Away Alts...

spacer.png

I very glad you add the "Sealions" logos to The Pilots and they looks great. Loved the black alternate.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Archived