5 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

I love all those 3, @sparky chewbarky! I wondered what is the update on Seattle expansion in NHL???

Thanks JM, and I wish I had some inside info on the name, but I don't...

I know that they're down to 5 potential names (maybe 3).

My faves are Krāken and Evergreens...but if I were a betting man I'd put my money down on Sockeyes with an indigenous look/feel.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for fun...a little while ago, for the Holidays, I did up a "12 Days of Krāken" poster...

spacer.png

Some of the uniforms were legit, and some were just "filler" to get the numbers up to 12 ...

like the "Krākeneer" pirate-theme offer...

spacer.png

The above logo wasn't the best, as I threw it together pretty quickly, BUT, I thought it could have some potential as a "fan club", merchandise, or promotional piece,

so, I simplified it and cleaned it up a bit...

spacer.png

You could have a "KrakenCrew" version for fan-club stuff...

spacer.png

or a "KrakenBrew" version for coffee, craft beer and mugs...🙂

spacer.png

On 12/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, JMtexan09 said:

I love all those 3, @sparky chewbarky! I wondered what is the update on Seattle expansion in NHL???

...as far as the Team-Name announcement date goes, JM...I've heard that it'll be announced at the All Star Game (Jan.25th)...

I'm wondering...not only what the name & colours will be...but what theme they'll take?...

Indigenous?...Nautical?...Rustic (plaid)?...Other?...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, sparky chewbarky said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My God..... this is even better for a fan club! I absolutely love this idea, Kraken crew/brew is genius, dude.... seriously i hoped i get a shirt out of that!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Well, since this sub likes to post some Seattle stuff, here is my attempt at one.

EDYW2NHl.png

IMHO, Seattle should call itself the 'Emeralds' as a tie in to the city's nickname 'Emerald City'. 'Sockeyes' feels too Minor League Baseball-like, and same goes with 'Kraken' (though it might grow with me later). Meanwhile, aviation-themed names (Aviators, Pilots etc.) are decent enough to be worthy in the NHL and 'Rainiers' has some potential to go well with the fans since it pays tribute to a baseball team. However, for what its worth, I always go for the Emeralds. GO EMS' GO!

The main colour choice will be greenish-blue and double green. Y'know, classic Seattle scheme. For the primary logo, I combine two things: The shape of Mount Rainier on the top and the shape of the emerald at the bottom. Inside Mount Rainier, there is a Space Needle and four pine trees from both sides, each representing four influential Seattle hockey franchises; the Metropolitans, the Breakers, the Totems and the Thunderbirds (currently playing). The secondary logo is derived from the emblem from the flag of Seattle stylised with the letters 'S' and 'E' while the alternate logo goes with a simple route. It's just the letter 'E' fused together with the pine tree.

Now, here comes the jersey.

DGO49tUl.png

The striping pattern that I made is entirely random that I made while playing around with the designs. All I did is just make the stripes jagged (perhaps a tribute to the logging industry in Seattle). The font I used is from the Connecticut Whales. Well, I want to give the Ems' a unique identity on its own. As for the NOB, the home jersey is worn by David 'Doc' Maynard who changed the name from Duwamps to Seattle in 1853 as a tribute to Chief Seattle (which the city is named after).The road jersey is worn by Bill Gates who founded Microsoft in 1975.

C&C appreciated!

9 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Well, since this sub likes to post some Seattle stuff, here is my attempt at one.

EDYW2NHl.png

IMHO, Seattle should call itself the 'Emeralds' as a tie in to the city's nickname 'Emerald City'. 'Sockeyes' feels too Minor League Baseball-like, and same goes with 'Kraken' (though it might grow with me later). Meanwhile, aviation-themed names (Aviators, Pilots etc.) are decent enough to be worthy in the NHL and 'Rainiers' has some potential to go well with the fans since it pays tribute to a baseball team. However, for what its worth, I always go for the Emeralds. GO EMS' GO!

The main colour choice will be greenish-blue and double green. Y'know, classic Seattle scheme. For the primary logo, I combine two things: The shape of Mount Rainier on the top and the shape of the emerald at the bottom. Inside Mount Rainier, there is a Space Needle and four pine trees from both sides, each representing four influential Seattle hockey franchises; the Metropolitans, the Breakers, the Totems and the Thunderbirds (currently playing). The secondary logo is derived from the emblem from the flag of Seattle stylised with the letters 'S' and 'E' while the alternate logo goes with a simple route. It's just the letter 'E' fused together with the pine tree.

Now, here comes the jersey.

DGO49tUl.png

The striping pattern that I made is entirely random that I made while playing around with the designs. All I did is just make the stripes jagged (perhaps a tribute to the logging industry in Seattle). The font I used is from the Connecticut Whales. Well, I want to give the Ems' a unique identity on its own. As for the NOB, the home jersey is worn by David 'Doc' Maynard who changed the name from Duwamps to Seattle in 1853 as a tribute to Chief Seattle (which the city is named after).The road jersey is worn by Bill Gates who founded Microsoft in 1975.

C&C appreciated!

3 hours ago, Whittier S said:

@Friedrich Stuart Macbeth: This is a thread where @sparky chewbarky is posting his own Seattle concepts, though he's produced so many, it might not have been obvious. You should start your own thread for this concept.

Thanks Whittier...

@Friedrich Stuart Macbeth...First of all...Nice job on the concept...might be a little "busy", but the colours are great and the angular striping's a nice touch.

Secondly...you can keep this post here, but generally, you're better off to start your own thread to showcase and develop your work, rather than mix it in with someone else's stuff.

Your work's good enough to have it's own thread.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:31 AM, JMtexan09 said:

My God..... this is even better for a fan club! I absolutely love this idea, Kraken crew/brew is genius, dude.... seriously i hoped i get a shirt out of that!

Thanks JM ... And you just might! I got 'em over at zazzle...https://www.zazzle.ca/s/sparkystuff  😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 7:49 AM, sparky chewbarky said:

Holy...This thread is 2 years old!!!🍻🎉

Here's a compilation of most of the primary, secondary, and promo Seattle Hockey logos that were produced, tweaked, rejected, etc. over the last 730🙂...

spacer.png

Spent the last hour going through this thread and it's bar-none some of the best work this board has ever produced.

My favorites so far have been the brown-and-blue Sea Lions, Sockeyes (3rd from left, 4th row down), and the original Totems look.  The Evergreens brand has some legs, too.

Honestly though, the Sockeyes S logo with the skyline is absolutely inspired. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

27 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Spent the last hour going through this thread and it's bar-none some of the best work this board has ever produced.

My favorites so far have been the brown-and-blue Sea Lions, Sockeyes (3rd from left, 4th row down), and the original Totems look.  The Evergreens brand has some legs, too.

Honestly though, the Sockeyes S logo with the skyline is absolutely inspired. 

Thank you CS...I was gonna get back to you over on the Sports Logos News side, but this is good.

This was a fun project because of the variety of options that Seattle has...It was like doing up concepts for an entire league!...

Yeah...looks like it's going to be a Sockeyes identity, but Evergreens could be a dark horse.

Also...Re: The Patrick Kane graphic that you were inquiring about...I can only take credit for the logos...the colours are from the NHLSeattle website, and I just photoshopped up an existing image from the Blackhawks. Kudos to the artist who rendered this up 👍...

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

Sparky, are you able to issue a denial that the team has contacted you about your designs?  I heard a rumor that this happened.  (that rumor was started by me).

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

Sparky, are you able to issue a denial that the team has contacted you about your designs?  I heard a rumor that this happened.  (that rumor was started by me).

darkpiranha...I am unable to issue a denial at this time.   😜

Hey, future Seattle NHL hockey fans...I've got something for you!

"Krāken" may or may not, end up being the team name...so for now, why don't we just have a bit of fun with this.

Here's a "KrākenHead" cardboard hat that I designed up for kicks.

Here's the artwork...take this to a copy shop and print them out on 11x17" card stock...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then, carefully cut along all the orange lines, including the slots...

spacer.png

spacer.png

to be cont'd...

Archived