Random Cincinnati Reds Concepts (fixed)

adam__cain

Here are just some random Reds concepts I have been working on. I used rsaline's new template and it looks great, and was very easy to use. 

First is a new home uniform. One change I made was to have Mr. Redleg wear the uniform that he is placed on. 4AuYcNX.jpg

On 4/17/2018 at 6:40 AM, adam__cain said:

This one is a one off type of uniform, inspired by the NBA's city movement. Rosie Red trades in her cap for a crown on this one.  I love the cap on this one too. 

95knpWw.jpg

I'd maybe use the current number font for the word marks but this is a nice look regardless. I wonder what would happen if MLB did a WMLB similar to what the NBA does with the WNBA. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd maybe use the current number font for the word marks but this is a nice look regardless. I wonder what would happen if MLB did a WMLB similar to what the NBA does with the WNBA. 

I had considered a new Mother's day program, instead of pink, use female versions of the mascots. I did try it with their current font, but it didn't give me that steamboat look that I was going for. 

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I really like the "Queen City" alternate, but I don't fully understand the inspiration behind it. Could you elaborate?

The NBA has their “city” uniform series which are a little more specific to the region. Miami’s is the Miami vice theme, Golden state has the oak tree. Utah has the red rocks jersey. This is how I thought it would look for baseball. Cincinnati grew because it’s location along the Ohio river. Lots of steamboats, the reason for that font, and it’s called the Queen City due to its size even though it’s not the capital of Ohio. At least, that’s how I see it. 

20 minutes ago, adam__cain said:

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take before someone posted this. (Even though it’s not true.)

Well, Charlotte was named after the Queen half a century before Cincinnati was founded, so I'd say it's got a fairly strong case..

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Well, Charlotte was named after the Queen half a century before Cincinnati was founded, so I'd say it's got a fairly strong case..

I live in Charleston, SC so I get the Charlotte argument. I'm only kidding around, I don't mean to insult your city. I just hope you like the other uniforms. 

1 hour ago, adam__cain said:

I live in Charleston, SC so I get the Charlotte argument. I'm only kidding around, I don't mean to insult your city. I just hope you like the other uniforms. 

I live in Newberry, SC and am from Summerville - just outside of Charleston.. Charlotte's not my city, just the only one (regional bias) that I've personally ever heard called Queen City until today..

Archived