FC Dallas Kit Concept

ColeJ

fc-dallas-homes.gif

yeah..... my concept was influenced by the blackburn rovers of the EPL... however, i wouldn't have even considered using shirt halves like blackburn, if i didn't think it made sense for the concept.

the entire reasoning behind the Burn/FC switch, is to add a little bit more credibility to the team, and give it a more traditional soccer feel... well, soccer is the only sport i've ever seen that uses shirt halves for uniforms (wouldn't a hockey team or a football team look retarded?)

anyway, the reasoning for shirt halves on this concept should be obvious. my entire FC Dallas uniform concept is designed to represent the texas flag...

i don't think FC Dallas has finalized their real kits yet, but if they ended up wearing red/white halves, with blue shorts.... i'd definately be happy about it :)

anyway, comments? the front logo (not the crest, but the wordmark), isn't finalized... it's just something to hold space until FCD releases the secondary logo and wordmark. i used reebok as the kit-make, because i have no idea who's going to make the real kits, and i used radioshack as the sponsor, because i believe i've seen radioshack on their kits before.

I'd centre the club crest. And put the numbers in a circle.

Oh wait, no I wouldn't. No one sensible would! STUPID NIKE! :D I like it, Cole...although I think the '96' is unnecessary (same goes for the 96 on the crest, but ah well...)

they are trying to create a tradition with the 96 it seems like. And its forced. things like that need to evolve. Just my opinion. It'd be like a beer, adding 57 to their labels. Forcing something to be like Rolling Rock.

Ok...maybe not, I just wanted to declare my love for the Rocks.

peace,

pc

the rumor around dallas is that the front of the kit will just say DALLAS in a stylized wordmark...

i really like that idea.

my favorite thing about the FC Dallas change is that I don't have to pretend to rally around a name that I don't like, like Burn... i can just rally around my home town. it's a lot easier to say that i love dallas than it is to say that i love the dallas burn :)

I love the idea of half/half panels for the shirt and blue pants -- it really does make the team look like they're wearing the Texas state flag! Don't change a thing on these, but before you send them to the team, make sure you have some good legal representation ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

Cole, these are freaking awesome! I can only hope that the team does something similar to this. I love everything about this concept.

It's also good to hear that the real jerseys will have Dallas on the front. I just like that.

Archived