Oklahoma City Thunder by Scheuer: Mark II

Scheuer

o9WwzT8.png?1

A while back, I took a stab at an Oklahoma City Thunder concept. The basic idea of the concept was to combine simple, bold elements with more detailed and technical designs derived from Western and Native American culture. I thought that in principle my ideas were good, but the whole thing was a bit rushed. I ended up making a lot of execution mistakes that didn't make the set look the greatest. I knew though that with some work I could make the concept really dope. So, I took a look back at what I had done and created Mark II of my OKC Thunder concept. 

First, we start with the marks.

g6Zt3Wv.png

I kept the basic ideas from my first concept (the Oklahoma Sunrise pattern, the monogram logo), refining them further. The biggest change is the shape and alignment of the letters in the monogram. In the first concept, while the elements being inside of the O was a clean and simple, a lot of people had a hard time distinguishing what was what in the logo. This time, I opted for a long, more horizontal O and a big K, which gives the logo a clearer and bolder look. In addition, the C is much more noticeable and part of the logo than before. Like before, the logo has Oklahoma Sunrise and plain white variants. 

And now, for the uniforms. The biggest problem with the original uniforms was that the Oklahoma Sunrise striping pattern on the side panels was too thin and created a vibrating effect when viewed from far away. In addition, I didn't like the way that the wordmark and the logos on the shorts looked. Therefore, I updated the striping pattern, making it bolder and more pronounced. The uniform typeface is different, using a bolder font with more subtle Western styling. I also changed the shorts logo accordingly throughout the uniforms.

XRyXChk.png

kSeEM3W.png

yzwTnq3.png

Thanks for taking a look! If you could leave some comments and critiques it would be much appreciated!

Agree with KRZY. The diamond on the logo interior is cool but it's a bit too hard to follow, but that could also partially be down to the background.

But the jerseys, I'd buy one (by which I mean that alternate) in a minute if they were real, and I've never even been to Oklahoma. Class stuff.

spacer.png

Archived