Thoughts on the Fins/Bears trade?

pcgd

ESPN

I personally like it. I'm a bears fan, so we filled a huge need we needed bad. We're somewhat deep at the reciever spot. Well, we've got about 5 guys that can play about the same, booker was slightly above the rest but he doesn't really fit the new system and he not a gamebreaker or anything.

Ogunleye has got what...almost 30 sacks in the last two years? Not sure about giving up the pick...but I approve.

NJ Tank? how bout you?

The Dolphis continue to make one mistake after another after another all this is becuase that damned pothead. Booker is average at best. This move makes the Bears a better team instantly and gives them a terrific 1-2 defensive punch.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Booker is underrated. He's had over 97 receptions twice in his 5 years and he has been plagued by a bad team of late.

The Dolphins have not made bad moves. The Dolphins have made good moves and this is another because they need offense, and sometimes you have to sacrifice defense to get it. Ricky Williams is gone and they're stuck with a possibly mediocre backfield, even though I have faith in Minor to do good. Now the opponents can't try to put a LB on the #3 WR -- opening up the running game.

Not to mention, Ogunleye was holding out

IUe6Hvh.png

well...booker was the teams only recieving option over the last few years. I mean...if you have dez white, marcus robinson (before he was decent) and a host of other terribles, and then marty booker...who you gonna throw to? Plus they were pleaged with QBs that refused, well...couldn't, check down from their number one option. So he had a lot of balls thrown his way. I agree with tank...average at best.

Lets put it this way...I don't miss him too much.

I'm worried about their recieveing core now...but not too worried. They've got some decent young guys that should fit the system a bit better.

Yes, but the Bears also didn't have the running game, or as you said, other recievers, to keep defenses honest.

Having bad players supporting you and being the one who the ball is always intended to go to is not always something that will help a player produce. He's the #2 or 3 guy in Miami, I think they did pretty good.

IUe6Hvh.png

as half a Bears fan, the pass rush stunk last year. they couldn't have put heat on an icecube in hell. This was a good move, IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Ogunleye was thinking of going back to Nigeria where his family has royal bloodlines. I'm not sure if this was part of a "holdout for more money" tactic or not.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Bears need for a WR because of Ricky Williams retirement is because of this thing called 'logic'. The Dolphins have, what can be considered a mediocre run game. By getting more quality recievers on their team, the defense has to put more Defensive Backs on the field because none of those 3 WR's can be covered by LB's.

By taking LB's off the field and replacing them with smaller DB's, it's putting the defense into a nickel formation which is not intended to stop the run. By making the defense play the pass, they're opening up the run.

If the defenses try to put linebackers on Marty Booker or Chris Chambers, they are going to be torn apart all day.

IUe6Hvh.png

Look, Derrius Thompson already proved last year that he's a lousy #2 reciever for the Dolphins. They got Boston to fill the void and he unfortunately got injured, so Miami did what they had to do.

Ogunleye was on holdout and negotiations were going downhill. It was smart to get rid of that distraction, cause Miami has had enough distractions already. He's a good player, but he might be a bit overrated cause most teams are focused on stopping Jason Taylor on the other side of the line. Miami's replacement might not do so badly.

The Bears got someone to help with the pass rush. Ogunleye IMO may be a bit overrated, but he's a definite improvement. Booker has been plagued by a bad Bears offense so I think he'll do better now that he's got a recieving corps with Chambers and McMichael. I am a bit worried now with the Bears offense though... but I guess they were confident enough to get rid of Booker.

Both the Bears and Dolphins are in trouble though, but this trade does help both teams out.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The Bears need for a WR because of Ricky Williams retirement is because of this thing called 'logic'. The Dolphins have, what can be considered a mediocre run game. By getting more quality recievers on their team, the defense has to put more Defensive Backs on the field because none of those 3 WR's can be covered by LB's.

By taking LB's off the field and replacing them with smaller DB's, it's putting the defense into a nickel formation which is not intended to stop the run. By making the defense play the pass, they're opening up the run.

If the defenses try to put linebackers on Marty Booker or Chris Chambers, they are going to be torn apart all day.

You make a good point. I can't argue the football logic in that.

But my point, though, is I see this as more about David Boston's season-ending injury than about losing Ricky Williams.

Sure, Ricky would have been another major threat on that offense, so there are some elements of truth to that argument. But this was a move to upgrade the receiving corps and replace the injured Boston.

Archived