MLS in the STL 2019 Edition

BigRed618

I've been a big fan of this hypothetical team ever since the conversation for it began over ten years ago. Since then I've made countless concepts and ideas on what a pro soccer in the Gateway City could look like. This is only the latest version of this vision of mine. I included some extra designer notes in the concept. Let me hear your thoughts.

spacer.png

The jerseys look good, and the home/away sponsor idea is fun! I think the away could use brown shorts, though.

I like the logo, but the L in the monogram is hard to see, so maybe extend it outside the S? Also, the wordmark and monogram don't fit well together. Perhaps the font from this Stars logo would work, or you could add some serifs to the monogram?

Just curious; what would the team be called?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, vtgco said:

The jerseys look good, and the home/away sponsor idea is fun! I think the away could use brown shorts, though.

I like the logo, but the L in the monogram is hard to see, so maybe extend it outside the S? Also, the wordmark and monogram don't fit well together. Perhaps the font from this Stars logo would work, or you could add some serifs to the monogram?

Just curious; what would the team be called?

Yeah, I may just try a different wordmark when I get the time. Anyway, here's a small update...

spacer.png

I arranged the shorts and sock colors so they gel better with the jerseys. As for the team's name, this identity was meant for a more typical name, like St. Louis FC or AC St. Louis, and their nickname would be the Browns. I think I've done all I can do at this point, unless one of you have a nice idea for a third kit?

I've been longing for a St. Louis MLS team for some time, so (1) I sure hope they get the expansion franchise, and (2) I'm glad you did this and I think you did a great job. I like the brown/orange theme to hearken back to the St. Louis Browns. It's much more relatable (to me) than the green/yellow of the short lived AC St. Louis, although at this point Saint Louis FC's Green and Blue has grown on me a bit. Also, the color scheme would be unique within MLS.  Bread Co. being the sponsor would be perfect.

I guess my only critique, if I were to offer one, is that the interlocking StL seems a bit rough around the edges, unlike the St. Louis wordmark which is pretty clean. But well done, and I would not at all be disappointed at all if an MLS team with this kind of identity were created.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

On 3/19/2019 at 12:37 PM, BigRed618 said:

I've been a big fan of this hypothetical team ever since the conversation for it began over ten years ago. Since then I've made countless concepts and ideas on what a pro soccer in the Gateway City could look like. This is only the latest version of this vision of mine. I included some extra designer notes in the concept. Let me hear your thoughts.

spacer.png

I've been praying that if STL get a team that they use the classic St Louis Browns colors. 

The color palette is fantastic, but I think the upper part of the logo has a bit too much white space.

Or maybe on the kits you could just use the lettering from within the circle, sort of how Liverpool uses just the Liver bird instead of the whole shield, know what I mean?

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Midwest_surfer said:

If St Louis gets a team I think with the current potential ownership group they will just move the STLFC brand to MLS, but I like your color palate and kits way better. I don’t think I have ever liked the combo of Navy Blue and Forest green in anything.

I don't really even mind Navy and Forest Green, but nothing about that color combo screams "SAINT LOUIS" to me, even if I've gotten used to it at this point (and it's better than the green and yellow from AC St Louis from before). The STLFC roundel is even appealing in its design, but I really hope that if St. Louis gets an MLS team they'll actually be a different team rather than duplicated branding.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Archived