Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2023-2024)

pelicanfan

• 1 month later...

lol been watching this sixers and raptors series and just realized i never made a court for them. so here's my take on a city edition court for them almost a whole season later. i wanted to keep the focus mainly on the navy and use the other colors as an accent. including red which on the real court is the most prominent

EF5-D4-A74-D01-A-4-BF3-AFE1-6-F78849927-

oh and also i have at last made a celtics court to wrap up this anniversary season:

A8-AD040-F-E84-D-4729-9-AF8-8-AD5-F8-CC6

Edited by pelicanfan
celtics court
  • Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

• 1 month later...

here’s a cavaliers court for their new rebrand. wanted to tie in a celebration of the franchise kind of theme 

5-E53-E780-F791-45-A0-B533-8-F4942043-C5

used their new wordmarks on the sides, new C logo in the three point arcs, and their new shield logo at center court to which i added two extra outlines as a little reference to the trimming of their old unis. another uniform reference is the asymmetrical design on the border. and at the very bottom i referenced the 7 game series that the cavs played for their championship. gold representing the cavs of course. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

IMG-7122.gif

42 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

here’s a cavaliers court for their new rebrand. wanted to tie in a celebration of the franchise kind of theme 

5-E53-E780-F791-45-A0-B533-8-F4942043-C5

used their new wordmarks on the sides, new C logo in the three point arcs, and their new shield logo at center court to which i added two extra outlines as a little reference to the trimming of their old unis. another uniform reference is the asymmetrical design on the border. and at the very bottom i referenced the 7 game series that the cavs played for their championship. gold representing the cavs of course. 

If they used the extra trim that you used the shield would look so much better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

2023 city jerseys are here!… and well, i’m not gonna lie. the jerseys are a little on the weak side this year. i don’t know how much courts i can come up with… so far i have these two

44-F52-FD4-FF63-4576-8-C53-F780-C84-A52-

i had to start off with my pelicans of course. using the dark indigo/purple base color on the border. then did a tri color paint with the mardi gras colors. and at center court i have a logo i came up with to celebrate the anniversary season of the franchise while also blending in the matching colors of mardi gras. 

7890-CB59-F06-C-4828-B62-B-BF99-CD4685-B

for the second team i have the spurs. i really like the confetti looking pattern that they’ve been using for their previous city courts. so i decided to use it for this concept with a pretty much all teal color court with the other accent colors for the 3pt line and half circles. also used their 50 anniversary logo at center court except i recolored it to match 

010-ED314-6-B70-47-B5-9527-3-CC4-D79-D42

and here’s one for the wizards in case anyone hasn’t seen it. yes i already posted this but i want it to be grouped with this years city edition line i’m starting on 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

IMG-7122.gif

since this is a bit more at once than usual i’m not gonna go fully in depth with the descriptions. a lot of the design elements of these courts are pretty self explanatory if you already know what the jersey looks like.

87302-AC6-8535-4-CAB-AAE1-401848-E97-CB5

so for the hawks i put a gradient that’s seen on the jersey into the paint. and on the bottom of the court i added a stripe that resembles that of the jersey. same for the  triple outline for the center court logo.

E929-A8-CA-B532-408-C-8909-5-D87-EC62-B3

for the pistons i actually made their court resemble a lot like that of the st. cecilia gym. with the dark wood and the old highschool/college style paint. then for the center court i actually had to search all over the pistons social media pages and website to find the logo. i finally had to settle with a physical picture of the logo from the uniform. but nonetheless i managed to turn it to a logo for this concept. 

6-E318-A1-C-C249-4121-8504-6-D360-BED187

for the magic i also used highschool/college lines for the paint. just because i feel like that design fits much better for the magic and gives room to combine the black and dark navy color way. and i’m sure you all notice the disney magic kingdom wood stain. i know it wasn’t their intent (i think?) but it felt like the jerseys and that slogan was referencing the magic kingdom castle so i just had to. also on the border is an “armor” pattern which the real court uses too but to me it looks more like a fence lol.

B9-DB2077-2702-488-E-B727-8-D0-DCE5717-A 

so for the pacers i know they really wanted to reference their arena with that yellow stripe design. and so i incorporated it onto the court aswell. luckily their city edition logo was available for me to find so i used that at center court. and for an added touch i added a wood stain of the gainbridge field house at the bottom of the court

A20-F2247-E3-A8-49-B1-8616-2144-B6-FFF3-

for the trailblazers here this is super self explanatory lol. carpet pattern in the paint was the absolute go to move. 

• Like 5

IMG-7122.gif

• pelicanfan changed the title to Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2022-23 CITY EDITIONS)

CC24-CE8-A-2621-4-C1-A-A76-B-0-E5-D9-BB1

for the suns here i went with an all out native american theme. using native american patterns in both the the blue border of the court and the wood within. used the city edition logo at center court of course. and for the paint i actually went for the dark red color instead of orange which i planned on doing but the contrast wasn’t as strong. 

BAC8-CE9-C-6-BC3-4-D28-915-C-4-A35-D0-B4

for the warriors i added some gradient to the border which matches the motif of their jerseys. with another big motif being the giant fading flower that i decided to put on the wood of the court. 

DE2-BD385-FCEA-4519-A509-41-B4-E7-FE3-C1 

for the celtics i of course wanted to pay tribute to bill russell. at center court is a logo composed of just his name, number, and a clover. at the bottom of the court there’s 11 diamonds for his 11 rings. i incorporated the city edition wordmarks on the sides and incorporated some black to fit the jerseys. (and of course all the green on this court is a dark green that the jerseys use)

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif

• 3 weeks later...

0-F3-F708-D-CA3-E-4-E6-F-807-B-1-D5692-F

For the grizzlies here i of course had to start off with their signature vertical wood floor. i then added some logos that of course are edited to fit the city edition theme. city edition wordmarks on the sides and at the bottom of the court i added the pattern (had to create it from scratch) that they use on the side of their jerseys. and in the paint i added some shiny gold aswell as on the 3pt and half court lines. 

DBC4-D510-1-FDC-46-A3-8-AD7-ACC7-C5-A0-F

for the bucks it’s basically just an all blue court with a blue edited bucks logo in the middle. one thing i did though was add the pattern that they use on their city editions into the paint. i couldn’t find room to visually fit in the random-ish colors so i decided to keep it clean and keep it monotone in blue

3-D9-ED964-4-F58-4233-9-E1-B-BF8-B2-DD1-

and lastly (my favorite) for the hornets i wanted to give my own twist to their current city court. i made the inside arc pattern gold instead of mint like on their real court because this year’s jerseys are more heavy on the gold. on the side of the courts i added their gold CLT wordmarks that’s surrounded by the coin ridge lines they use in both gold and mint. you can see that same pattern within the paint aswell. added some buzzcity logos and then for the center court logo i erased “charlotte” and just shortened it to “CLT” to fit with the theme more 

• Like 5

IMG-7122.gif

• 3 weeks later...

it’s that time of the year so here’s my all star court concept

AB48-C546-2256-4-A72-BD94-5881788-AE275.

67-D26182-D293-4-ECB-AC88-17-F789-DFCDD3

for this special occasion i’ve decided to use a much more realistic court template for the first time ever. leaving room for more designing and accuracy. as for the design itself. it definitely is a crazy fusion of black and yellow and the very prominent purple to light blue ombré. but i wanted a court to really represent both utah and the jazz team’s history.

overall i felt like there was no better way to represent utah and the jazz then to add mountains and ombré everywhere. using the colors and theme that they’re arguably most known for. while also combining it with their current modern colors and font to match the game’s branding. 

bonus details:

-i stripped the “welcome to” part of the real “welcome to utah” sign and put it near the salt lake city wordmark. 

-center court is a silhouette of the old snowflake logo that the jazz had

-6 on top of the court to honor bill russell

-the direction of the wood is a very subtle nod to the angle of the utah jazz logo.

-strangely enough, this entire court concept was inspired by the (get this) Memphis Grizzlies’ twitter page i originally thought this marketing scheme was what the nba was using but turns out it’s just the grizzlies lol

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif

On 12/23/2022 at 5:32 PM, pelicanfan said:

it’s that time of the year so here’s my all star court concept

AB48-C546-2256-4-A72-BD94-5881788-AE275.

67-D26182-D293-4-ECB-AC88-17-F789-DFCDD3

for this special occasion i’ve decided to use a much more realistic court template for the first time ever. leaving room for more designing and accuracy. as for the design itself. it definitely is a crazy fusion of black and yellow and the very prominent purple to light blue ombré. but i wanted a court to really represent both utah and the jazz team’s history.

overall i felt like there was no better way to represent utah and the jazz then to add mountains and ombré everywhere. using the colors and theme that they’re arguably most known for. while also combining it with their current modern colors and font to match the game’s branding. 

bonus details:

-i stripped the “welcome to” part of the real “welcome to utah” sign and put it near the salt lake city wordmark. 

-center court is a silhouette of the old snowflake logo that the jazz had

-6 on top of the court to honor bill russell

-the direction of the wood is a very subtle nod to the angle of the utah jazz logo.

-strangely enough, this entire court concept was inspired by the (get this) Memphis Grizzlies’ twitter page i originally thought this marketing scheme was what the nba was using but turns out it’s just the grizzlies lol

Love the colors, and love the grain of the wood matching the Jazz logo, although the fact it doesn't match the angle in the All Star Game logo is mildly infuriating. I would leave out the "Welcome to". Also maybe try out another mountain silhouette at center court instead of the snowflake. I think that would look a bit nicer. Not sure if this is NBA-legal, but it would be interesting to see a few of the peaks along the court extend into the playing area. Would likely need to be faded out or use yellow instead of white for the boundary of the court.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

24125061-CCBC-4-EA2-9-D3-C-8-C21-CB67-DC

a little late but here’s my court concept for the nuggets. it’s essentially their regular court but i took added some design aspects that come from the city edition jerseys they wore when winning the championship. the red part of the keys made to resemble the jersey trim and the lines on the outside made to resemble the side design of the jerseys. i wanted to make a court that really reflects off the city of denver and their championship. so theres some extra design aspects added like the mountains. also made a championship logo version just to see what it would look like.

/—

B193-C8-FE-7-F48-4193-A101-2-F000-B47-F4

As for the kings here’s a court concept based on their new rebrand. i used the new cursive wordmarks on the baselines and in the arc. i incorporated a little beam design down the middle. and went for an asymmetrical look based on their new statement unis. the black side has a little fading effect to play into the beam-in-the-sky theme

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

• pelicanfan changed the title to Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2023-2024)
  • 4 weeks later...

Suns came out with their new jerseys so i thought i'd tag along with a new court design. A lot of it is based on the original 90s court that was paired with the original sunbursts. Including all the exact use of colors and the orange circles. I altered the center court logo a bit with a little orange on the end of the sun logo just like how the original 90s court did. except i also made it to where it referenced the pixel design that the suns use on their statement unis. and on the outside of the court you can of course see the giant sunburst taken directly from the new jerseys and also present-day wordmarks with the drop shadow like on the new jerseys 

327-DA354-0-DFE-4272-86-FA-281208201492.

E1721-C7-A-8442-499-F-ACF4-A246-CA4321-A

also made a statement edition court just cause i felt like their statement jerseys don’t really fit with a regular purple and orange court. also know a lot of people miss the retired valley court so this is sort of like a call back 

8-EA5-ADA1-22-D9-4340-8-FF4-001-DA311-A9

EE59-D20-D-CBC4-40-E6-9-CC9-B3-A0-C7-A1-

i also still have no idea if i should follow my head canon of teams still having full wordmarks down the baseline or if i should go for realism and give all my courts adjusted ad space

• Like 7
  • Love 1

IMG-7122.gif

8 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Suns came out with their new jerseys so i thought i'd tag along with a new court design. A lot of it is based on the original 90s court that was paired with the original sunbursts. Including all the exact use of colors and the orange circles. I altered the center court logo a bit with a little orange on the end of the sun logo just like how the original 90s court did. except i also made it to where it referenced the pixel design that the suns use on their statement unis. and on the outside of the court you can of course see the giant sunburst taken directly from the new jerseys and also present-day wordmarks with the drop shadow like on the new jerseys 

327-DA354-0-DFE-4272-86-FA-281208201492.

E1721-C7-A-8442-499-F-ACF4-A246-CA4321-A

This is a great way for teams to utilize that empty space when they have no sponsors on that part of the court

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

57-ADFCD4-47-DD-44-FB-8-DDC-0-F374512411

FE904676-CB44-41-F8-8075-D4574-FFCC468.p

Timberwolves City Edition court i made just s couple minutes after the jerseys were announced. i took the color gradient thst the jerseys have and put it onto the court with a somewhat water (?) design between the blue and white. used their city edition logo at center court. added the “land of 10,000 lakes” slogan at the bottom. and the wood pattern i just thought it would be cool to make it point up as a way of pointing up north (yes i know the raptors did this too) and it sorta resembles the shape of those triangle trees the wolves have had on their jerseys

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif

• 4 weeks later...

El Valle city edition court concept for the suns. wanted to make this before they officially announce the jerseys which will probably come with their own version of a court 

Untitled339-20231026215704.png

bballcourt-20230908100049.png

of course all around the court is the gradient theme with colors to fit the new jersey. i got the el valle logo directly from the jersey leak and altered it to fit on court. also added the phoenix silhouette at center court which i thought looked cool and tied into the theme

Edited by pelicanfan
updated top picture but too lazy to update the second
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

IMG-7122.gif

• 1 month later...

City “VooDoo” Edition court for the Pelicans. 

Untitled327-20231023154857.png

bballcourt-20231023155057.png

despite the jerseys barely even having close to this much color, i thought it was only right to go all in for my team. for the center logo i took the pelicans bird-de-lis logo and merged it with the New Orleans VooDoo logo that was used for the AFL football team (obviously this is some rule breaking but i couldn’t help it) recolored accordingly and went all in with a gradient inner arc design. one side being a purple gradient and the other a ghosty green effect 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

IMG-7122.gif

On 10/29/2023 at 3:37 PM, pelicanfan said:

City “VooDoo” Edition court for the Pelicans. 

Untitled327-20231023154857.png

bballcourt-20231023155057.png

despite the jerseys barely even having close to this much color, i thought it was only right to go all in for my team. for the center logo i took the pelicans bird-de-lis logo and merged it with the New Orleans VooDoo logo that was used for the AFL football team (obviously this is some rule breaking but i couldn’t help it) recolored accordingly and went all in with a gradient inner arc design. one side being a purple gradient and the other a ghosty green effect 

Now this right here is some of your best work! Perhaps reverse the smoke and black? Also I have a feeling you got a lot of content to work with now that the Inseason Tourney Courts dropped

• Like 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

15 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Now this right here is some of your best work! Perhaps reverse the smoke and black? Also I have a feeling you got a lot of content to work with now that the Inseason Tourney Courts dropped

thanks! and yea i bet reversing the smoke and black would be a cool dynamic. as for the inseason tournament i was thinking of just carrying on with city edition courts as usual but probably slapping on the trophy logo somewhere for this year's occasion, but then i'd probably have to do that every year and turn this thread into making in-season tourney courts... so i may or may not try to come up with my own nba tourney template and make some tourney courts along with the city editions. hmmm

IMG-7122.gif