Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2023-2024)

pelicanfan

2-FB7314-E-EF21-42-C1-B27-F-1-AD5-DF9-AA

EEDA2-BB4-8475-484-D-8-ADD-C3-FB09-F6-BF

new hornets city editions leaked so here's my court concept for it before the official one releases. basically a more modern and sleek take on the classic court. unfortunately i couldn't find the cursive wordmark anywhere so i just used the current one. i also felt generous and made a 3d version.  

• Like 10

IMG-7122.gif

• pelicanfan changed the title to Making New Courts For Every NBA Team (UPDATE: 2021-22 CITY EDITIONS)

here are my concepts for the two LA teams:

8-A9-D9-DC3-8-BFF-4773-B55-A-3465-FFC98-

basically used the old san diego logo and combined it wit h the old LA cursive wordmark. also put that design from the logo onto the corners of the court. kinda like how they did it on the shorts of the unis.  (i think this court is a big step up from the original san diego court i made 2 years ago lol) 

BECB78-C4-863-C-4-C7-A-91-BC-666-EDA7948

old lakers font with stars (just like the jersey) and i replaced the gold with blue since the jerseys are more focused on purple and blue. also used the same exact star pattern from the 2018 all star game for an added touch. then i added a star on the bottom with 49 which  is the year of the lakers first championship 

• Like 8

IMG-7122.gif

here's my court for the nets. wanted to use the modern grey wood but combine it with the old throwback colors. thought it'd pair nicely. also combined the old and current logo for the center court logo

88-FDD719-EB55-44-A8-A85-C-C72-E723-DC82

and here for the suns i guess is a new and improved version of the court i made last year for the suns. i used multiple fonts for the court like how the leaked jerseys did. but apparently those were scrapped

5-C2495-D5-7478-4-EF9-83-EE-CF487-BEEC67

• Like 10

IMG-7122.gif

On 11/2/2021 at 1:41 PM, pelicanfan said:

here are my concepts for the two LA teams:

8-A9-D9-DC3-8-BFF-4773-B55-A-3465-FFC98-

basically used the old san diego logo and combined it wit h the old LA cursive wordmark. also put that design from the logo onto the corners of the court. kinda like how they did it on the shorts of the unis.  (i think this court is a big step up from the original san diego court i made 2 years ago lol) 

This is fantastic but I think I'd take "San Diego" off the center court logo and enlarge the Clippers script. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8285-BB7-C-6743-473-A-9615-AC03-B9-EA85-

incorporated two jersey design elements with the fur on the sides and trees on the bottom. also used the old logo but with the modernized colors 

1-F44-E2-AA-8-F62-4424-B46-A-5-A219-BA20

inspired by the statement court i added some subtle pinstripes in the keys just like the jerseys. there's also a subtle star pattern on the border too

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif

basically i used the throwback logo but with the modern colors. used vertical wood flooring with a subtle grizzlies pattern wood stain. 

4-FCBDACD-9-ADB-496-E-89-A2-2415-D1-C967 

ABC677-D9-408-B-46-D8-AB7-C-C5-E8-C7-D7-

for the bucks i used the old logo but did some customizing to where the deer wears the bucks city uni to match, kinda like how the raptors did it (it wears 21 for obvious reasons). i then implemented the green rainbow pattern for the keys. and put more emphasis on purple on the outside. 

• Like 4

IMG-7122.gif

here's a pistons city edition court. i basically followed what their new standard court has but recolored it accordingly to the jersey. also used the old pistons logo with matching font on the sides. 

9-FA0-FD9-A-0-BFB-40-D5-AC59-AC98-ABCF04 

CD557-F9-F-4815-458-D-A190-B12-F09353387

and for the kings court i made it half purple and half black inspired by their old color blocking jerseys. i then put their new sac town logo (that i had to recreate) for the mid court. then i put the old style wordmarks on the sides and "1951" with a crown on the bottom to honor their rochester 1951 championship 

ps: there's also a subtle checkerboard pattern in the keys inspired by their use of checkerboard in previous jerseys 

• Like 3

IMG-7122.gif

here's my take on the spurs court. the court is a mix of the old Alamodome court and the current city court. i used the old key design and sideline font. aswell as the paint brush part of the old logo for the mid court. and on top of that is a white spurs logo to match the white jerseys. 

6-ED4-A9-FE-0-BB1-4897-BFF6-F7-F58-B3967

D2-E61-C3-D-9-D34-44-C6-97-D2-6-FB0-CD4- 

and for the wizards court i did some blue and red color blocking with a touch of gold just like the jerseys. i then used the old logos and recolored them to match

• Like 3

IMG-7122.gif

for the pacers court here i pretty much just implemented the jersey design into the court. used the old word marks on the side and the throwback logo at center court. also a return of the yellow keys for some better contrast

4-D031-AC6-DC77-4-B0-C-8-DF5-FA781617-D7 

DB59-C230-743-A-48-E8-9-A9-F-70128-BF376

and for the raptors i used a north facing court pattern. throwback wordmarks on the sides. at center court i remade the logo from the jersey myself. (this is what inspired my bucks court from earlier) and on the bottom there's a canadian leaf with 95 to signify their first year as a franchise. there's also the zigzag pinstripe pattern all on the border and keys. 

-----

well guys this pretty much tops off this seasons court series thank y'all for sticking around. i might make some random courts here and there but for the most part this is it. i'm always open to ideas though 

• Like 6

IMG-7122.gif

On 8/1/2021 at 5:37 PM, pelicanfan said:

D837-AF37-3-C06-4-C11-9-A66-FACAF550842-

here's a throwback inspired pistons court. i'm gonna start doing some anniversary themed courts since it's the nba 75th anniversary. as you can see there's the diamond colored logo up top i'll be using that for the anniversary courts. 

Every time I see the Pistons horse, I can't help bit feel like there's a MIGHTY NEED to bring it back in some capacity. 

On 10/31/2021 at 9:09 PM, pelicanfan said:

2-FB7314-E-EF21-42-C1-B27-F-1-AD5-DF9-AA

EEDA2-BB4-8475-484-D-8-ADD-C3-FB09-F6-BF

new hornets city editions leaked so here's my court concept for it before the official one releases. basically a more modern and sleek take on the classic court. unfortunately i couldn't find the cursive wordmark anywhere so i just used the current one. i also felt generous and made a 3d version.  

While the original Charlotte Coliseum court and jerseys can't be touched (basketball, hornet streak up to center court, and all), this is a good update. 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:19 PM, pelicanfan said:

here's my court for the nets. wanted to use the modern grey wood but combine it with the old throwback colors. thought it'd pair nicely. also combined the old and current logo for the center court logo

88-FDD719-EB55-44-A8-A85-C-C72-E723-DC82

and here for the suns i guess is a new and improved version of the court i made last year for the suns. i used multiple fonts for the court like how the leaked jerseys did. but apparently those were scrapped

5-C2495-D5-7478-4-EF9-83-EE-CF487-BEEC67

With how much the Nets are using their City Edition, I wonder if that'll become the new main design. 

On 11/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, pelicanfan said:

here's my take on the spurs court. the court is a mix of the old Alamodome court and the current city court. i used the old key design and sideline font. aswell as the paint brush part of the old logo for the mid court. and on top of that is a white spurs logo to match the white jerseys. 

6-ED4-A9-FE-0-BB1-4897-BFF6-F7-F58-B3967

D2-E61-C3-D-9-D34-44-C6-97-D2-6-FB0-CD4- 

and for the wizards court i did some blue and red color blocking with a touch of gold just like the jerseys. i then used the old logos and recolored them to match

I honestly can't believe I haven't seen the W in the old wizard until today. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

D7427-BD9-9-DA9-446-C-A54-A-09-B2-EDAF22

heres an all star 2022 court i made. inside the arcs i put a silhouette of the hope memorial bridge statues on each side facing the middle where there's a silhouette of terminal tower. and on the border i used a rock music pattern inspired by cleveland's music scene. and on top is the official cleveland script wordmarks.

i know it's a pretty busy looking court but that's kinda thrown out the window when it comes to all star games lol 

• Like 4

IMG-7122.gif

• 1 month later...

010-ED314-6-B70-47-B5-9527-3-CC4-D79-D42

cherry blossom wizard court based off the new leak. i know i probably shouldn't start until the leaks become official and i get better looks but screw it i've been waiting  to make a japanese themed court for an nba team. 

so this is sort of based on their current court. but i replace red with pink and used an alternate logo at center court. added some cherry blossom art on the corners and used a japanese font for the letters. also made the wizard man hold a flower instead of a ball. and last touch was making the wood stain in the arc more of a rose tint 

• Like 7

IMG-7122.gif