Teams that pull off generic colors

“Generic” seems to be interpreted here, for the most part, as frequently-used, or one-color-plus-white. I like a lot of these...Red Wings, Ohio U, Tennessee (sometimes only orange/white).

Blue and white is interesting.  I think the Colts and Maple Leafs both pull it off beautifully.  But the throwback Rams (popular around here) and Padres are bland.  With the Padres, it’s partly the context of a low-profile team seemingly always striving to blend in and get lost in the background.  But I cannot articulate why I like it on the Colts but hate it on the Rams.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/25/2019 at 11:40 AM, OnWis97 said:

“Generic” seems to be interpreted here, for the most part, as frequently-used, or one-color-plus-white. I like a lot of these...Red Wings, Ohio U, Tennessee (sometimes only orange/white).

Blue and white is interesting.  I think the Colts and Maple Leafs both pull it off beautifully.  But the throwback Rams (popular around here) and Padres are bland.  With the Padres, it’s partly the context of a low-profile team seemingly always striving to blend in and get lost in the background.  But I cannot articulate why I like it on the Colts but hate it on the Rams.

Not many teams use, let's say, Brown and Yellow (old and 2020 Padres) or Teal and Black (old Marlins) we will never see those in this thread. Blue and Red? Yeah.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, OnWis97 said:

I also hate the Rams in just blue/white.  Blue/gold just fits them far better IMO.  The white horns have always looked lifeless to me in comparison to gold horns.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived