St Louis MLS Concept jerseys

Midwest_surfer

Being from St. Louis I was super pumped about the official announcement that we were getting an expansion team last week. So, I immediately started work on concept jerseys, with full kits to be made out of my favorites later.

At this point, we don’t know now the current USL team will be involved, so colors and crest designs are wide open. I just used the current crest but recolored it for each design. I added a St Louis company to be the jersey sponsor on all of the concepts.

First up I think is my strongest design. Lions Choice is a regional chain of roast beef restaurants for those of you who have not experienced it’s deliciousness. Think Arby’s but better in every conceivable way. The pattern at the top is supposedly the waveform of a lion roaring. I’m suspicious about that claim but at least it looks cool.

spacer.png

Next is a design inspired by the 1950 World Cup jersey. There were 6 St. Louisans on that team so I put 6 Fleur De Lis on the sleeve. The sash stripe is based on the St. Louis Flag. Emerson Electric is a St Louis company that’s been around since like the 1890s so it seemed an appropriate sponsor.

spacer.png

Panera Bread started out here being called St Louis Bread co. and is still called that in the St. Louis area. Realistically they’d put Panera on the if they did sponsor the jersey to avoid confusion but I like the thought of putting them Saint Louis on the front.

spacer.png

The next two aren’t as strong as these 3 I think. They look fine but there’s nothing that really stands out about them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve never done soccer concepts before and honestly it was way harder than expected. There are no rules with soccer kits, any design goes, so I tried to stay mostly traditional but that’s a fine line to walk between classic and boring.

Anyway please C and C. Thanks

The red one looks really awesome but the design doesn't feel relevant to STL (at least from an outsider's perspective). I think that it would make a killer Orlando jersey in shades of purple, though!

The second one is great, and fits the city quite well. I think you could make the Adidas logo blue, put the crest in city flag colors, and maybe add some gold trim, and you'd be done!

I like the design on that yellow and green one... It's in AC STL colors, so I guess there's a connection?

As for the pinstriped one, it would be cool if there were multiple shades of blue like on the crest. It could tie in with the Blues very nicely.

4 hours ago, Midwest_surfer said:

Panera Bread started out here being called St Louis Bread co. and is still called that in the St. Louis area.

Yeah, because if you tried to get anyone else to eat food with "St. Louis" in the name, they'd never do it

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Love the 1950s inspired kit. That's my favorite one.

And I've seen the suggestion that Bread Co should be the kit sponsor, but it would say "Saint Louis Bread Co" on the home kit, and "Panera Bread Co" on the away kit. It would be perfect.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

25 minutes ago, Maroon said:

Love the 1950s inspired kit. That's my favorite one.

And I've seen the suggestion that Bread Co should be the kit sponsor, but it would say "Saint Louis Bread Co" on the home kit, and "Panera Bread Co" on the away kit. It would be perfect.

Was it your concept that had the kits that way? I saw a St Louis Browns concept on here that had the different names on the home and away jerseys and I absolutely loved that idea

18 hours ago, Midwest_surfer said:

Was it your concept that had the kits that way? I saw a St Louis Browns concept on here that had the different names on the home and away jerseys and I absolutely loved that idea

Oh, no, not my concept at all. I just have seen it suggested on twitter that the kit sponsor should be done like that.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 4:17 PM, Midwest_surfer said:

That was mine, and I got the sponsor idea from Twitter. Nice jerseys, btw. The green/white and the blue with pinstripes are my favorites.

I got a few more. All St. Louis companies with an attempt at unique color combos.

gn5DXYo.jpg

mpF6ywm.jpg

The arch here is pretty straight forward. I think I like Mastercard’s single color logo more.

dM3ajFS.jpg

This one is based off of the old NASL St. Louis Stars jersey, it could be a cool throwback like Vancouver’s jerseys.

UEapw9Q.jpg

You don’t see a lot of maroon and gold in pro sports very often let alone the MLS but I like how it works here.

cMUqlKW.jpg

Not sold on this one yet. The checkerboard, while unique, could cause some brand confusion with Purina which is also a St. Louis company.

Archived