International Rugby uniforms 2019-2020

MJWalker45

Paul Lucas released a uniform review for this year's Premiership Rugby (Union) season. 

https://uni-watch.com/2019/10/10/2019-20-premiership-rugby-preview/

League Logo

Image result for gallagher premiership

Bath Rugby

Home

lexhYkw.png

Clash

g2ibvyq.jpg

Third

FhN7PnQ.jpg

Bristol Bears (Promoted)

Home

a0p3PCT.jpg

Clash

qQa1ojq.jpg

Exeter Chiefs

Home

W1zM6WQ.jpg

Clash

iWh9yoo.jpg

Third

1Qgm1Tf.jpg

Gloucester

Home

bRWb687.jpg

Clash

wMqgTxG.jpg

Harlequins

Home

RpCNsoM.jpg

Clash

3SwR23I.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Major League Rugby will be switching their on field kit supplier from X-Blades to Paladin Sports. Paladin does several teams in the New Zealand Mitro 10 Cup competition like the Wellington Lions as well as the Wellington Phoenix in the Hyundai A-League.

https://www.majorleague.rugby/news/major-league-rugby-signs-new-on-field-apparel-partnership-with-paladin/

All teams will be getting new home and away kits and will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Hard to say right now. Will have to wait and see when the kits come out. Both companies are based out of Australia and Paladin is relatively new. With X-Blades, some kits they hit the mark on and others not so much. You really got a mixed bag. The only team that has revealed their new kits are the Seattle Seawolves.

2020 kits:

seattle-seawolves-kit-mlr-2020.jpg

The last 2 seasons by X-Blades:

mlr-2018-2019-kit-comparison-seattle-sea

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Another club has re-branded. First it was the Austin Elite changed to the Austin Herd and now the Glendale Raptors have re-branded as the Colorado Raptors.

Old logo:

Image result for glendale raptors

New Logo:

colorado-raptors-rebrand-mlr-2019.jpg

They should have went with a new logo, not just a recolor.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Canterbury Crusaders have changed their logo. There was a lot of push to change it after the Christchurch shootings as the old logo had religious connotations.

Old logo:

4930__crusaders-primary-0.png

New logo: Link to story

img_0062.jpg

The African based Super Rugby teams have revealed their kits for the upcoming season, including Marvel Super Hero kits:

Stormers:

ekeeu9hx0aatuk7.jpg?w=1024

Emirates Lions:

ekeeu9jwsaaxabh.jpg

Sharks:

ekenuzexyaiaxst-1.jpg

Vodacom Bulls:

ekeeu9exuae5jfs.jpg?w=1024

On 11/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

The Canterbury Crusaders have changed their logo. There was a lot of push to change it after the Christchurch shootings as the old logo had religious connotations.

Old logo:

4930__crusaders-primary-0.png

New logo: Link to story

img_0062.jpg

Perhaps it was for the best, but I cannot help think of Carrefour when I see this logo

spacer.png

I saw, I came, I left.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:52 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

The African based Super Rugby teams have revealed their kits for the upcoming season, including Marvel Super Hero kits:

I don't follow rugby much, so forgive me if its obvious, but whats the deal with the Marvel Kits?

1 hour ago, sportsfan7 said:

I don't follow rugby much, so forgive me if its obvious, but whats the deal with the Marvel Kits?

It's South Africa's version of Color Rush. Another way to get people buying extra shirts. They don't get the same crowds like in Australia, who also do this from tike to time. Heck South African teams don't even use their city names, they use the sponsor name in front of the team names usually.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

54 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's South Africa's version of Color Rush. Another way to get people buying extra shirts. They don't get the same crowds like in Australia, who also do this from tike to time. Heck South African teams don't even use their city names, they use the sponsor name in front of the team names usually.

Interesting concept. It's hard to imagine adults wearing them though.

Archived