British Premier League soccer concepts

ScotM

The year is 2025, and the English Premier League and Scottish Premier League's elite teams have merged into a 14 team league.  British Premier League is initially founded with clubs in London (x3), Liverpool (x2), Manchester (x2), Birmingham, Glasgow (x2), Edinburgh (x2), Dundee and Aberdeen. 

spacer.png

Logos in most cases will be redesigned to look more futuristic, and all sponsorship will be local to help develop a sense of community.

Up first is Arsenal, sponsored by British Airways.

spacer.png

Arsenal’s set is largely unchanged. I simplified it by removing gold and blue from the shield, and kept the two tone reds, adding the shield element to the bottom, from the club’s previous logo during their more prosperous days at Highbury. Red and white remain the predominant colours in this design.

The club’s kit is manufactured by Adidas and sponsored by London based, British Airways.

Chelsea, sponsored by Battersea Power Station.

spacer.png

Chelsea’s crest has been minimized to the easily identifiable two tone blue lion, featured at the centre of their previous design. Gone is the unnecessary text, circle, English roses and stylized footballs.

The club shirt is manufactured by Nike, and sponsored by Battersea Power Station, just a stones throw away from their home park, Stamford Bridge.

I like the idea and the template is visually pleasing, but the fact that I can’t see the sleeves is really bugging me a lot. As for the actual concepts, I think Arsenal looks good as a whole. I see inspiration from the past being brought into the futuristic setting very nicely. I must ask if they have four sets or if one is meant as a goalie kit. 

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I like the idea and the template is visually pleasing, but the fact that I can’t see the sleeves is really bugging me a lot. As for the actual concepts, I think Arsenal looks good as a whole. I see inspiration from the past being brought into the futuristic setting very nicely. I must ask if they have four sets or if one is meant as a goalie kit. 

I understand how it could be confusing. I'll re-edit the original post to include individual designs.

Aberdeen, sponsored by the Aberdeen City Council.

spacer.png

Aberdeen’s crest has been updated to remove the circular motif. In it’s place is the shield shape borrowed from the city’s coat of arms, a red field with three castles. The castle turret has been used to cap the shield. Aberdeen’s previous goalpost design is continued in the new logo, along with 1903, the year the original club was founded.

The shirt manufacturer is Adidas, and the club is sponsored by Aberdeen City Council.

Aston Villa is up next, Sponsored by Cadbury, founded in Birmingham back in 1824.

spacer.png

Aston Villa's crest has been updated with a round topped shield that has the club name in white at the top and F.C. (Football Club) at the bottom. It also features two stripes of light blue, and a middle stripe of claret, which is echoed on the home shirt. It's finished off with a left facing lion rampant in goldenrod yellow.

Villa's shirts are manufactured by Umbro, and sponsored by local chocolate confectionary Cadbury.

Up next is London United, sponsored by BP (British Petroleum.)
spacer.png

The first new entry in this series is the North London area club, London United. The crest features a dark red fire breathing dragon with it's front leg on a stylized soccer ball on a green shield. Above the dragon is London United written in an arching font and at the bottom, a gold banner with the Latin phrase Ex Unitate Vires, Unity is Strength.

The club’s kits are manufactured by Umbro, and shirts are sponsored by London based petroleum company BP.

Next up is Dundee United, sponsored by Dundee Tourism.

spacer.png

The Dundee United crest has been simplified to include the familiar tangerine orange and white coloured diamond featured on the original crest. Gone is the circular outer section and rampant lion. In it's place, is a left facing rampant dragon with a curled tail borrowed from the city's coat of arms

The Terror's kits are manufactured by Adidas, who sponsored the club in the mid 70's, through to the late 80's. Shirts are sponsored by Dundee Tourism.

6 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Come to think of it, I’ve never heard of a London team actually calling themselves "London." It’s always been a particular borough or neighborhood. No team has tried to claim the entire city for themselves.

If it can work for Manchester, Newcastle or Dundee, why not London? 

Liverpool are up next, sponsored by Merseyside area newspaper, The Echo.

spacer.png
Liverpool's crest has been simplified to include a monochromatic Liver bird. Gone is the remainder of the crest, which cluttered the shirt, in my opinion. A global brand now, I felt the singular silhouette was strong enough to stand on its own.

Shirts are manufactured by Nike, and sponsored by local newspaper, the Liverpool Echo.

Up next is Manchester United, sponsored by Manchester University.

spacer.png

Another minimal crest, this one features the shield from the previous logo, without the outer circle. Instead, I've added a yellow banner separating an updated boat icon borrowed from the city of Manchester’s coat of arms and the famous devil holding a pitchfork. Inside the banner the club name is written in full. 

Shirts are manufactured by local UK sports outfitter Adidas, whose English headquarters is in near by Stockford. Kits are sponsored by Manchester University. 

Archived