Florida Panthers Smörgåsbord

capn89

I feel like randomly sharing some stuff, so have a gander. Some of these are the same design just in different flavors (color schemes). The write-ups are c&p from my silly little blog. Thoughts are always welcome.

---

"On The Bright Side"

Home & Away: The primary jerseys are designed with the Panthers' original red jersey arm stripes in mind. I've de-cluttered the shoulders and bottom hem, and attempted to create a matching white jersey in hopes of creating an effective take on a classic expansion-era design.

Alternate: Riding the initial wave of a mid-to-late 2010's trend, the alternate uniform is a two-colored look. The thick, bright yellow stripes are a delightful contrast to the rich, dark blue uniform. Just as well, the logos and numbering, also in bright yellow, are eye-catching on their dark canvas.

spacer.png

"Sunset"

Thoughts: One thing that always bothered me about the Florida Panthers was their use of two different shades of yellow between their uniform's design and their logos. With these last two uniform sets I made things a bit more congruent. In the previous set I used the brighter yellow from their traditional design and swapped it into the logos and, conversely, I used the darker tone of the logos for the uniform designs in this set.

spacer.png

"Traditional Style"

Home & Away: The primary uniforms in this set are done in a very hockey-traditional three-stripe style. Yes, it is very simplistic, but it's a classic and aesthetically pleasing design. The home features no white in the design (aside from the logos) as to keep a strong continuity between the home and away kits.

Alternate: The alternate uniform is also a somewhat classic style coupled with subtle two-tone blue striping in the jersey's torso and sleeve areas as well as the socks. A partially new logo adorns the chest with a stealthy panther laid across a red "X" as a loose representation of Florida's state flag. Rounding out the design, I decided to place the player's number just below the primary logo on the jersey.

spacer.png

spacer.png

"White, Out"

Home & Away: My theme for this entire set was to use only red, yellow and blue to create a fun group of jerseys without any white. I think I pulled it off and I hope you, dear reader(s) think so, too. The home and away are a pretty traditional style; stripes on the sleeves and socks while keeping the bottom hem of the jersey clean with a dark blue stripe that leads into the matching pants. Yellow, of course, stands in for white as the away uniform.

Alternate: The alternate brings back the semi-new logo I created (creeping panther laid on a reference to the Florida state flag) on an entirely blue uniform with red striping. The yellow logos, numbers and letters brightly jump off the dark canvas. Just as well, the numbering below the primary logo returns on this design.

spacer.png

"Fun In The Sun"

Home & Away: The biggest takeaway from the home and away uniforms is the dramatic reduction of dark blue, as well as a liberal use of yellow. The goal was to make a primary set that was vibrant, colorful and evocative of, perhaps, a day at the beach.

Alternate: The alternate features a striping pattern that plays off of the curves of the jersey's logo while also eliminating white from the color scheme. The panther-"X" logo is featured on the outside of each pant leg.

spacer.png

The only difference here are the pants and gloves on the away white uniform.

spacer.png

Always a treat to see your stuff, cap.  I don't dislike what the Panthers have IRL, but I'd take the first set over what they have easily.  Hell, I'd take the second overall style over the real thing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, stumpygremlin said:

First of all, the current panther logo looks awesome without a shield. Any chance of you posting it on its own? Please and thanks!

Sorry for the delay. Here are high def versions of the logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/10/2019 at 9:18 PM, Discrimihater said:

Always a treat to see your stuff, cap.  I don't dislike what the Panthers have IRL, but I'd take the first set over what they have easily.  Hell, I'd take the second overall style over the real thing.

Thanks a lot, scrim. It's hard to believe we've probably known each other for close to two decades without actually "knowing" each other. haha :)

Archived